chapter 3

Evelyn's POV:

Screams erupted in the cafeteria taking Gwi-nam's attention away from me, so I took my opportunity to get away from him as quick as I possibly could. I ran as fast as my legs could take me when I get knocked down "hey, be careful. We need to get out of here" it was Wu-jin. He pulled me up and dragged me along with him to our classroom as we saw our classmates tearing each other apart, hungry for flesh and blood. The sight made me feel sick, it was like something out of a horror film and I did not like it. Me and Wu-jin rushed into the classroom and closed the door behind us. "you're not infected are you?!" shouted Na-yeon as she inspected us and we shook our heads vigorously. She walked away from us and sat in the corner trying to keep away from everyone. "Wu-jin keep an eye on the door, I want to listen to music" I commanded. "During this time?! That is what you are worrying about?" he questioned in protest and I smiled at him sarcastically putting my headphones in. He rolled his eyes and walked to the door cursing under his breath. I walked over to the window as I watched the monsters in terror, I pressed play and listened to my music trying to calm myself down.

After a while I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Cheong-san "when did you get here?" I asked hugging him softly and he hugged back tightly "c-cant breathe..." he loosened his grip a bit when I finally let go "do you like radiohead?" And he furrowed his eyebrows "who?" he questioned and I was left shocked "you don't know who radiohead is?! they are like the most amazing band ever how can you no-" Joon-yeong cut me off "is that really important right now? people are literally being eaten alive and you are stressing over a silly little band?" I rolled my eyes "they are NOT a silly little band you asshole, they are-" before I could finish I saw Su-hyeok climbing up a ladder to the window with Nam-ra following closely behind. I stuff my phone quickly into my pocket and help them get in. "are you guys okay?!" I asked hugging Su-hyeok "I was worried about you Bare-su" as i shoved him lightly "awww you were worried about me? so she does have a heart" he replies playfully "we need to call the police!" Na-yeon whined.

'Does this girl ever shut up?' I thought.

I walked back over to the window blocking out the argument between Na-yeon and Gyeong-su when I felt a presence next to me. I looked up and saw Su-hyeok who was already looking at me and I blushed slightly. He cleared his throat "I don't know how long we will make it through this so I wanted to give you something before I die" I look at him with furrowed brows "you'll be fine Bare-su you are strong you will get through it, I know you will. But what do you want to give me?"

Dae-su's POV:

I could really do with some chicken right now.

Wu-jin's POV:

I stare at Evelyn and Su-hyeok with a frown, I dont stand a chance with her. She is so cool and I am boring and I cannot forget the fact that Dae-su scares away all the girls. He looks at her with such passion. It makes me feel ill. I just hope she doesn't return his feelings. "Wu-jin a stare like that could kill someone" Cheong-san says to me tapping my back "What's the matter?" he questioned. "He's confessing to her, I know he is. what's even more annoying is that he knows I like her" and he acted like he was choking "Y-you like her?" he asked in disbelief and I nodded sheepishly "do not tell anyone!" and he smiled and nodded.

'Of course I won't tell anyone' Cheong-san thought. 'She will be mine.'

Evelyn's POV:

Su-hyeok grabbed my hand and grabbed something out of his pocket. "I am giving you this now because I want to die knowing that you know how I feel about you" he sighed and placed the thing out of his pocket in my hand. I opened it and saw a name tag.

'이수혁' it read. (Lee Su-hyeok).

"I like you Evelyn, I have ever since I first saw you but I never had the chance to tell you because you were with Gwi-nam..." I looked at him blankly "don't feel like you have to say anything, you and Gwi-nam just broke up and you still love him but I will wait" he walks away solemnly and my gaze follows him. I put the name tag in my pocket with my phone. 'What do i do?'

I walked over to the rest of the group "did you call the police yet?" I questioned while glancing at Su-hyeok and he looked away, I sighed and turned my attention to the group and they all shook their heads 'no'. I think I may have lost a friend...