81

The first thing she saw amidst the musty dust were blue eyes. They were exceptionally blue, like transparent glass beads, but also like cold ice. However, the sparkling iris in the middle was so eerie that it did not look human at all.

Just by seeing them, hair stood up all over her body. At the same time, she could hear a loud ringing in her ears which caused her extreme fear.

'Monster.'

Instinctively, that one word came to mind. They were undoubtedly a monster's eyes.

It was not hard to figure out what had happened.

[Warning. An adventurer has invaded. Warning.]

Red lights flashed nonstop and the alarms rang and crackled. Adelaide's face turned pale in an instant. Through her dizzying vision, she could see Caladium standing in front of her, and an adventurer standing in front of him. His face was obscured by dust, but his hair and eyes were easily recognizable.

Blue eyes and dark hair.

The Legend had invaded.

"Adela!"

Caladium's ferocious voice awakened Adelaide's rigid body. He didn't explain, but she could read his thoughts just from his eyes as he looked back at her.

'I'll take care of that guy, so run away now.' The silver-grey eyes said.

'Run away?' Adelaide stared back at him.

She then saw the appearance of her other demons.

The Skeletons, Bell, and the Durahans were in shock as they were blown away when the portal exploded. She came to her senses at the tragic scene in front of her. As the dungeon master, she had a duty to protect the demons that belonged to her. As she recalled this, energy returned to her helpless limbs.

"Guys, let's go!"

Adelaide rose from her seat and lifted a fallen Skeleton. Bell groaned as she carried him, and she also glanced at Pia and the Durahans who were on the other side.

Fortunately, Caladium quickly created a shield, so no one was seriously injured from the impact of the explosion. She only fell so she only suffered minor scratches.

"Hurry!"

At her instructions, her demons hurriedly ran. There was no other way to escape because the only external portal had exploded. They had no choice but to take the inner portal and avoid the battlespace. This way, they would at least not be a hindrance to Caladium once he fought.

Adelaide, who hurriedly moved her steps, looked back for a moment. The living room where they had spent leisurely time together had already been destroyed. It was difficult to even get close to it as strong energies raged, with Caladium and the adventurer facing each other in the midst of it.

'Caladi...!'

Her heart pounded as she looked at his wide back. He seemed to be fully prepared for battle. His wings, which were incomparably large compared to Adelaide's, fluttered on his back, his horn grew longer, and his silver-grey eyes glowed intensely.

The atmosphere was very different from when he dealt with the demons from the Boraca or the Sol Dungeon. He now seemed to be an untouchable being.

This meant that the current situation was extremely dangerous.

Adelaide bit her lip. She wanted to help and stay by his side. She wanted to keep her promise to treat him with respect.