4. Aghast

Slowly, it approached me, step by step. I find myself walking backwards as it came.

"Who're you?" I asked.

"Do you want to know the truth?"

I nodded and took a deep breath.

"I'm a wandering spirit. I was trapped on Earth," It said quietly.

"Why have you brought me here?"

"It was the flyer. Have you looked at the flyer before? It's a shop that sells clothes."

"How's it special?"

"The shop was created by a wizard a few centuries ago. The shop was kind of enchanted, and... it works like a teleport... You'll soon find out what's so special about it once you've arrived."

"Oh. What's your name?"

"Call me Silas. I'm just here to direct you to the shop. Have you ever wondered how the flyer gets to you? Do you know why you're chosen?"

"I'm chosen? How? I'm just an ordinary person, a random girl that you meet on the street. I'm not popular, I do not get good grades, and I'm not born famous."

"You can talk to spirits like me. Your eyes are dark purple... which is a sign that your eyes allow you to see unusual things. Those are called yin-yang eyes. "

I took a deep breath. This so scary. Am I dreaming of seeing a spirit talking to me? But it seems so real. Do I actually have the power to communicate with souls? 

It's weird but I trusted the words of this ghost without any reason.

"Yes, its real. Do you know how you got those powers?" it said as if it could read my mind.

"I guess it started when i picked up this piece of paper at school. Maybe something in that paper gave me the power to talk to souls?"

Silas nodded and I gasped, eyes widening.

"What's in that paper?"

"It's just an advertisement for a special shop that you should go."

"Can you tell me how can I get to that shop? I'm just..." I said, but before I finished my sentence, it disappeared into thin air, into the dark forest under the glinting moonlight.

I was overwhelmed. Am I just having an illusion? I slapped myself again. Ouch. Okay, I'm not dreaming. So everything IS real. I took a deep breath. I almost couldn't believe what just happened.

I looked at the flyer in my hand. I decided to go to the shop later. Flipping over the flyer, i found out that the address wasn't written in the advertisement. There was just a picture of the shop and "dlrow rehto eht" written on it. I was confused right now. 

What does that mean? 

I didn't know what to do so I kept the flyer safe inside my drawer and went back to bed.

I feel different now like I just had a dream. I can talk to souls! I can talk to the dead! It was unbelievable. I need to tell Charlie about this even though there's a chance that she wouldn't believe in me. Maybe she will, maybe she won't. 

She doesn't normally believe in supernatural stuff and magic... But I'm her best friend, Ellie Miller. The friend that she trusted and relied on the most... 

I was really tired so I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.