Part 7

The following day, Maya was up and going at 5 am after not falling asleep until close to 3 am. She was so exhausted and feeling very emotionally drained, but she forced herself to go for a run, knowing today was probably going to be very stressful and she wanted something to keep anxiety down.

She got home, getting in the shower as quickly as she could. Once she got out, she pulled on some sweats, not wanting to get her Class As dirty. She also pulled out an extra pair of clothes to wear after her inspection, tucking them into her backpack before going back to the bathroom. She then pulled out her hair dryer, getting herself ready.

As she was drying her hair, she heard the bathroom door open, looking and seeing Nora standing there with her little fingers in her mouth.

"Good morning Piccola," Maya said, a little surprised because Nora was almost never their first kid awake, "Did you sleep well?"

"Uppie," Nora said, reaching up toward her.

"I have to dry my hair first Nora," Maya said, shaking her head, "I'll pick you up when I'm done."

"Uppie," Nora said, tears filling her brown eyes, "Uppie."

"Piccola, I have to get ready to go to work," Maya said, looking at the clock and seeing it wasn't even 6:30, wondering why Nora was even awake, "Let me finish my hair and then I will pick you up."

Nora just walked over to Maya, sitting down literally on her feet, leaning against her legs as she sucked on her fingers. Maya finished her hair, pulling it up in the classic bun she had spent hours perfecting in the academy before bending down and picking up the little girl off her feet. Nora sighed, laying her head down on Maya's shoulder.

"Do you want to go lay in bed with Mamma?" Maya asked, rubbing her back.

The little girl nodded as Maya carried her into the bedroom. She hoped Nora would just go back to sleep and not wake Carina. The blonde watched as the toddler crawled over to Carina, laying down and closing her eyes. By some miracle, Carina stayed asleep and Nora seemed to be heading that way.

Maya headed out of the room, going to check on Rowan who was still asleep. Maya then went downstairs, deciding to make the girl's lunches to save Carina that hassle because Carina's appointment was at 11:30, meaning the twins would have lunch at daycare. She got a lot of their lunch made quickly before pulling out a cutting board to finish up the last few things. She cut up an apple, splitting it between the two lunch boxes before pulling out some carrots.

As Maya cut the orange vegetable into more manageable sizes for the twins, she tried to do some breathing exercises, just feeling completely overwhelmed. She must not have been paying enough attention to what she was doing and suddenly, her finger was stinging badly. She looked down, seeing she had cut the tip of her index finger. She grabbed a towel, wrapping it around her finger, applying pressure as she held it above her heart, trying to get the bleeding to stop.

She did this for about five minutes before bringing her hand down to look at the cut. It was deep, deep enough that she worried it might need a stitch. However, she didn't have time for that this morning so instead, she just held it wrapped in the towel again, hoping the bleeding would stop.

She looked at the clock, seeing it was close to 7. She needed to get moving in order to get out of the house on time. However, she couldn't do that with her hand how it was.

She went over to the cabinet where they kept the first aid supplies, pulling out some gauze and tape. She quickly wrapped her finger as best as she could before going to start breakfast for herself and her family.