Walk in the Garden

Dark Choco's POV

We stepped into the moonlit garden, full of lillies and other flowers. The night breeze blew through my hair, I look to the cookie beside me, Red Velvet, he seemed to be thinking about something. "Are you alright, Velvet?" He looked up at me, "Yes, I am sorry if I seemed.. distracted. I usually only come here alone." Red Velvet scratched the back of his head, taking in the garden.

I relaxed a little, still on guard since it felt strange being out at night without my armour. I glance at the general, his face was a little darker than his usual light red dough. His cakes hand twitching a little. Curious, I reached for it, holding it in my palms. Red Velvet seemed to be caught off guard by my actions, "I- is something the matter, Dark Choco?.." 

Red Velvet's POV

Dark Choco stayed silent, carefully running his fingers against my palm. "Have you been getting enough rest general?" I watched him closely before answering so I wouldn't stutter and look like an idiot, "Um I assure you I have.." I lied. He obviously didn't buy it but stayed silent. Dark Choco confuses me, he's brash and quite straight forward. I kind of like that about him. Not that I would say it aloud though.. atleast for now.

"Hmm" Dark Choco hummed, still hasn't let go of my cake arm. It made me nervous or sort of giddy. He suddenly looked at me, our eyes meeting. "I can clearly see you haven't," What? "I'm sorry?" I hope I didn't sound too harsh at that. Dark Choco blinked softly, "You don't seem to be taking care of yourself." Oh. Why would he care? Was it because I'm the son of Dark Enchantress? 

I look down. "I.. I have been busy as of late. I don't really have enough time to properly take care of myself." I admitted, which surprised me. 

Dark Choco's POV

I rub my thumb against his hand before letting go. "You should really be more responsible, general." Red Velvet let out an offended gasp of some sort. "I do- I am responsible! It's just.. ugh. I can't believe this." His face turned red (well red-er) again and covered his face with his left hand. 

I look at him with a confused expression. Had I said something wrong? "D- don't look at me like that." Did Red Velvet just.. stutter? "And stop calling me 'general' already. I've already told you no need for that." Ah, I must've forgotten. "I'm sorry, Red Velvet. I seemed to have forgotten." It seemed we have walked to the middle of the garden. We stop at the bridge, placing my hands on the railings while Red Velvet leaned against it.

We stood there for what felt like forever. I don't mind it.. but I knew this wasn't going to last. I hear Red Velvet sigh, "Are ya just going to stay silent the whole time?" I look at him for a moment then back to the water. I stare at my reflection. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked unbothered at his tone. 

He grunts and I feel him shifting closer. I keep my eyes lowered as he spoke, "I guess I needed some company." he shrugs before letting out a yawn. I hum in response not knowing what to answer the general. I didn't question it and we just enjoyed each other's company that night.