#15 - Winner

As soon as Kepa's penalty flew over the bar you let out an almighty cheer. They'd done it. He'd done it. Liverpool were Carabao Cup Champions. You knew how much winning this trophy meant to Trent – Liverpool were aiming for the quadruple this season, and had now secured the first trophy on their way to achieving that feat.

The players were celebrating in front of the fans, while the Chelsea players gave their fans a round of applause to thank them for coming to the game. They were soon heading up to get their second place medals, meaning the trophy lift was only moments away.

Before long, it was Liverpool's turn to head up the Wembley steps on the way to the platform where they would receive their winners' medals and lift the trophy. As soon as Trent was given his medal he held it in his hand, examining its golden surface – it was yet another one to add to his ever growing collection.

Once all the players had been handed their medals it was time for Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson to lift the trophy. He did the classic Hendo shuffle, before lifting the trophy to the massive cheers and applause from all the Liverpool fans. You watched on with pride, especially when the trophy was passed down the line and it was eventually Trent's turn to lift it. You even shed a couple of tears.

Soon enough, the players returned to the pitch to continue their celebrations. You spotted Trent and Robbo sat on the pitch, soaking in the atmosphere and chatting and laughing with one another.

"I'm so glad they get to do this together." Rachel, Robbo's fiancée, said to you.

"Yeah, me too." You smiled.

Soon enough, the players were leaving the pitch and coming up to the lounge where all their families were sat. The first few players filtered through, and Hendo made his way over to the table you were sat at with his wife Rebecca, and also Rachel.

"Is Trent–"

"Yeah, he's on his way. He's just being a slow coach." Hendo joked.

"I suppose I probably should've opened by saying congratulations." You giggled.

Hendo gave you a smile, right as you heard the all too familiar voice of your boyfriend. You snapped your head in the direction of the door, and spotted Trent entering with Robbo. The two of them made their way over to you, playfully bickering about something or other.

"I seriously didn't know you had it in ya." Trent chuckled.

"You should put some more respect on my name!" Robbo joked.

"You two are like children!" Rachel exclaimed.

"He said he was surprised my penalty was so good." Robbo pouted.

"And? So was I." Rachel replied. Robbo's mouth hung open while Trent burst out laughing.

"Don't you get cocky, my heart practically stopped when you stepped up to take yours." You told Trent.

"Hey! I scored one in the Super Cup shootout before." He pointed out.

"Just about." You scoffed.

Trent looked like he was about to protest, but couldn't seeing as though you were right, and he'd got lucky that that penalty had gone in. His penalty today was almost un-saveable though.

"I have to say, I kinda wasn't expecting you to go up in the first five. But I guess since you're such a good free kick taker, it stands to reason that you'd be a good penalty taker." You said.

"Yeah, we were working on them in training a bit. I knew I didn't mind stepping up if needed so I was working extra hard on it." Trent told you.

"And it paid off. Your pen was one of the best taken I think." You smiled. Trent started blushing.