Chapter OnE - Life Changing

"Who said you could learn MMA? Yoo Hobin."

The tall mullet boy grasped the boy by the shoulder, the corner of his pink lips twitched dramatically as if trying to hold his temper. While the victim looked extremely anxious right now.

"Hobin has the right to choose whatever he wants."

Followed by a velvet-haired man, who was almost the same height as the pissed-off teenager, he rescued the poor Hobin from the tough situation.

"Hobin, you should learn Kyokushin Karate with me someday. That's better than both Taekwondo and MMA you are learning right now."

A tall young man with a nerdy demeanor cut in, ruffled Hobin's hair while shooting a dazzling smile at him. Due to his appearance, the two guys immediately turned their gaze, currently glaring at the nerd silently. Only Hobin could sense the atmosphere changing.

"H-Hobin, why don't we get out of here?"

The blonde pulled Hobin by the shoulder, whispering into his ears as the three fighters were now scowling at each other.

"Y-Yeah, you're right Snapper."

Hobin awkwardly smiled as the sweat profusely dripped down his cheek.

"Hobin? Why are you here?"

The boys turned their heads to the source. They spotted a beautiful looking girl who was staring at Hobin in shocked, slightly with a thin blush.

"B-Bomi!?"

Hobin sheepishly called out her name.

"Erm... I'm-I'm here to...."

The shortest boy scratched his head, having a difficult time finding the suitable answers as his male friends were all eyeing him, not just a common stare, but creepily threatening him in secret. Meanwhile, his crush was tilting her head, waiting for his reply.

'H-How did it become like this!!!?"

Hobin internally screamed for help.

α

[Two Months Ago]

"Ugh!"

The skinny boy let out a whimper as he was being flying kicked by a blonde who was slightly taller than him. The attack stayed nonstop even though the victim had curled himself up into a ball trying to lessen the damage he got from the violence. The blonde who was hitting him using his legs was the right-hand man of the bully in the class, Jihyeok. Shooting a dagger glare at the blonde, he stopped instantly because of the intimidation given by the victim. Just a few seconds later, Jihyeok changed his attack to words. He began to humiliate the victim despite being a smooth talker in the class. The classmates were all mocking along with him at the poor boy who was kneeling on the ground without any self-respect.

This is what school is like.

Violence isn't the only form of abuse.

There are three main types of bystander. Firstly, followers (assistants) who they do not initiate, but take an active role in bullying behaviour. Secondly, supporters (reinforcers), they support bullying behaviour (overtly or covertly, for example, by turning a blind eye) but do not take an active role in the bullying behaviour. Lastly, defenders who dislike the bullying and try to help the target by intervening, getting teacher support (using safe telling) or providing direct support to the target.

However, mostly in Hobin's class, no one would want to be the last choice.

Hobin couldn't understand why he had to receive this unfair treatment from his classmates. Was it just because he was poor? Was it because he wasn't ace in grade? Was it due to his bad appearance? Hobin would not understand all of that. This is because, he would get that abuse anyway even though he had one of the qualities from that. The main reason was, he was a weakling, the one where everyone could land a finger on him and didn't have to be afraid of getting any revenge in return.