Day 2

[Y/N's POV:]

I wake up in an empty bed for the first time since he took me  and head downstairs to find him, thrilled that he didn't lock me in again. 
Nothing like homicide and orgasms to build trust, huh? Just a regular Bonnie and Crispy Clyde. 
Following the yelling down to the end of the hall, I step into a dusty bar. What was with villains and bars anyway?
Dabi looks up as I enter and his expression softens slightly before turning harsh again. 
"She's coming with me," he says to Shigaraki and crosses his arms over his chest. 
Shigaraki shakes his head and looks toward me still standing in the doorway trying to figure out what I'd just walked in on. 
"She stays until I'm sure where her loyalties lie. Can't have a hero who knows where we are running the streets, figuring out where the Nomu come from. I don't care if you're screwing her. I don't trust her for shit."

Oh great, a dick measuring contest. 

I clear my throat and walk to Dabi, placing a hand on his bicep to get his attention. "Claritin over here has a point," I say when he meets my eyes and his lips quirk slightly at the pet name for Tomura. "I don't want to know anything anyway so I can legally plead plausible deniability on the grounds of being fucked into a coma during my stay at Chez Shiggy."
He outright laughs and pulls me to his side, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Dropping a quick kiss on the top of my head, he faces Shigaraki again. 
"She's your responsibility then. If a hair gets harmed on her head, I'm going to be pissed." 
Tomura nods his agreement. 
Dabi takes my face into his hands and gives me a long, slow kiss. "I'll be back soon, mouse." 

—---------------------------------

"We're going out," Toga calls from the front door. 
The pint-sized psycho is dressed for mayhem and I envy her the freedom she has to come and go as she pleases. I haven't left since the warehouse incident and cabin fever has me foaming at the mouth. 
"Are you coming, hero girl?" 
She doesn't have to ask again as I practically race outside. 

We head across town, I've adopted a don't ask, don't tell policy with my new motley crew. 
They were bound to be up to sketchy shit and I didn't need to be dragged deeper than missing in action Dabi had already dragged me. 
We make our way into an industrial zone and I know that something is definitely going to go wrong when we meet up with Twice and Spinner. Wrong might actually be an understatement if we need a get-away driver. 

It doesn't take long for my stomach to twist into an anxious knot when I'm pulled behind a car and forced to duck. 
"Be quiet," Toga whispers and peers around the bumper. 
I look past her and see a group of men similarly clothed and armed to the ones in the warehouse.
I bite my tongue to stop the million questions I have and strain to hear their conversation but have no luck catching more than a word or two. 
"Toga, it's now or never," Spinner insists and then shit strikes the fan. 
I watch both Toga and Twice launch themselves from our hiding place and into the group. 

What kind of kamikaze mission was this? 

"Avoid the bullets," Twice yells while ducking a fist. 
Avoid the bullets? What did he think I was going to do when shots were fired... waltz in wearing a fucking bullseye?
I have no idea which quirks we're up against, how am I supposed to defend myself other than hand to hand? 

Bloody fucking villains. 

----

It's late evening when we stumble into the LoV bar. I collapse. Sliding against the wall to spare my numerous injuries any further damage.

I hurt. Especially everywhere, which tends to happen when I'm outmanned five to one. 
Toga and the rest follow and sit on the floor in the hall beside me, everyone checking their wounds. 
"There's brains in your hair," Twice points out and I fight the urge to throw up, remembering in high definition how they got there.