Day 4

A/n: 
The next time I promise to update anything in any time frame, please stop me. 
Gawd sorry y'all, between working new hours (I've had to train my body to be awake during the day after years of night shift) and a major respiratory infection, I've been struggling to adult). 
🙃 I was about to fake my own death and just start fresh
Anyhooo…. This chapter didn’t go the way I planned. At all. Like it did its own thing and idek wtf this is rn. 

Working on Fatgum, plotting more Endaddy and also considering Shiggy. 
But we don’t talk about Keigo…. 

🖤
~ yiyi 
//

[Dabi’s POV] 

She could be lying. 
I see that same concern in Shigaraki’s red eyes. She has no loyalty to me or the League. If she’s lying, what kind of trap has she and lover bird laid for us? 
He nods as he listens to me explain what she said the night before about Hawks but he’s sceptical and I don’t blame him. Hell, I still think she might be lying but she’d met my gaze without flinching, she’d fought with herself before saying anything and I tell him as much. 
“Maybe she’s a really skilled actress,” Shiggy says. “How many of her actions here has she had to fake?”
Not going to say that doesn’t feel like a kick in the balls but I hear where he’s coming from. I know what I look like and so does she. Instead of punching him in the face, I shrug. I have my own motives for being here and don’t need to blow my chance of getting the resources I’ll definitely need in future. 
“Even if she’s physically repulsed by the sight of me, her cunt doesn’t lie,”I tell him bluntly and watch him pull a face, barely stopping myself from laughing. When this war was done, the boss needed to get laid. 

“Get her in here, I want to hear this from her myself.”
With a nod, I get up and open the door to find her still huddled at the foot of the stairs, staring at her hands. 
“Hey, mouse, you wanna get this over with?”
When she looks up I can see the same conflict that ate at her last night but she comes to me anyway and lets me kiss her forehead before facing Shiggy. 
I pull her into my lap once I’ve taken a seat and she leans into me almost immediately as Shiggy starts interrogating her. 
“Tell me about Hawks.”
She stiffens and I stroke my fingers up and down her wrist. She needs to calm down and not choke. If she doesn’t get through this, he’ll kill her and I won’t be able to stop him. 
“Out with it, hero girl,’he demands. “I want everything you know, no detail is too small, do you understand?”
“He’s not just a hero,” she says, “Hawks has always acted outside of the Commission's rules with their permission. He’s…” 
I see her grapple to find the words and squeeze her hand reassuringly.
“He’s a mercenary,’ she says. “The rules that apply to us don’t apply to him. We hand over villains but he…” she inhales deeply, her fingers squeezing mine, nails digging into my hand, “... Hawks kills.”

“Why was he sent here?”
“I don’t know.”
“Why the fuck was he sent here?” Shigaraki demands again and she matches his energy even though she squirms nervously in my lap. 
“I don’t fucking know! But if he’s here, it’s not to help with whatever the fuck you’re busy with and you’re an idiot to think otherwise. He’ll kill everyone in this shit hole and not lose sleep over it.”
I kiss the back of her neck covertly, hoping to calm some of her anger but she stiffens slightly, her thighs tensing against mine and my cock responds to the subtle change in her demeanour. 
Shit. Not the best timing. 
“Why are you here?” 
She goes completely motionless and I use it as an opportunity to subtly edge the shorts she’s wearing aside and find her slit. She can yell at me about it later. 
Shifting lower in my seat, I release my cock and hope her oversized t-shirt is big enough to hide what I’m doing. 
Her breath hitches for a second before she answers him and I take the opportunity to ease into her. I know she’s not ready, can feel the way her body resists me and she wiggles slightly, angling her hips just enough to make it easier.