3. Half Blood Prince

Sitting in her room staring out of the window intensely, while the dark clouds poured heavily, Ivy had just one constant question running her mind.

   Does he know the truth?

   Months have passed, Harry and Jasmine were at Hogwarts attending their sixth and third year respectively.

   The battle of Department of Ministry assured the minister that he was back.

   But along him came a never ending anxiety that Ivy had always running in her mind, surging through her soul that anytime anything bad could happen to her family. She breathed worry. Smiles have long parted their ways with her.

   James, Jasmine and Harry had been constantly worried due to her behavior. She spoke rarely, winced and flinched a lot, bags under her eyes due to the lack of sleep assured that she had been battling mentally. Those sleepless nights she spent beside her husband, aimlessly watching him sleep blankly.

   The christmas break had been the worst for all the children. Along with Harry and Jasmine this time Potter Manor welcomed Lucille, disowned by her father for participating in the wrong side in the battle of department of ministry.

  Just the first night of the christmas break, Lucille arrived to their doorstep soaking in rain and crying, with bruises all over her body. Harry was heartbroken while Jasmine had murder on her mind. So then Lucille was taken by the Potter's officially in their home.

    But the christmas wasnt as bright as it used to be in the Potter household. Ivy had dreadful nightmares of her father, her health was constantly deteriorating. Harry and Jasmine were unknown to the truth of Ivy's parents which made it worse as whenever they would ask about what is wrong with Ivy, they were provided no answers.

   Right now in her room, Ivy was brought out of her daze upon hearing a peck on the window. Jasmine's owl, she saw. Getting up quickly rushing towards it, Ivy took the letter from the owl's beak unrolling the parchment and reading it.

Dear Mum,

Harry had a fight with Malfoy in the bathroom and since then something has been really wrong between Lucy and him, they are not telling me what has happened.

Yesterday when I went to ask to him, we ended up in an arguement. He's been depressed for some unknown reason, I dont know why. Malfoy seems fine to me.

I hope you and Dad are well, write to me when you can. 

Love,
J. P.

Ivy's stomach dropped as she realised what must have happened between Harry and Draco, and she knew how Lucille must have felt. Suddenly she flinched hearing the door creak behind and saw her husband coming in quietly. Seeing a letter in her hand, his face crooked into a soft smile as he asked, "Who's that from?"

   "Jas," Ivy managed to smile back, "Just school stuff."

***

16th June, 1997.

"Happy birthday, love." James mumbled in her neck groggily in sleep, woken up to the beep of alarm clock. Despite the intense distress, a small smile tugged at the end of her lips on knowing that he remembered her birthday amidst all the chaos going on.

   "Thankyou." She mumbled back running her fingers in his soft raven hair while his face only nuzzled deeper in the crook of her neck and his arm around her waist tightened pulling her more into him.