Chapter 3 - Situation...

3rd P

3rd P.O.V.

"...once again, I'm very thankful for your help," Mayor Grieve said again in a thankful tone with a smile of relief.

Lt. Mark and Sgt. Sam from Recon "Charlie"  Team was inside the town hall where they discuss some things and the events that happened today. And also relay their findings to FOB Jupiter.

Lt. Mark raised his hand to Mayor Grieve to thank him for his praise, "Your welcome Mayor Grieve, after all, it is our job to protect the innocent and helping our kind," he said with a smile while Sgt. Sam nods beside him.

It's been 2 hours since the end of the attack by the lizardmen. Many men and women went outside and inside to clean up the debri from the damaged houses, walls, and other buildings that were damaged from the attack.

Others went to do the dirty work, meaning they would clean up the blood, guts, and limbs from dismembered bodies from each soldier or civilians. Men and women in their young years or their adult stages picked up dead soldiers from the fight or civilians who caught in the crossfire, even the soldiers of the Aether Empire joined in to help their fellow species.

Soldiers from the human side made formal graves in honor of their fallen comrades who fought and protected the people behind them. Many men, women, and children mourn their friends, relatives, and even lovers who died protecting them.

At the same time, they piled up all lizardmen into one pile and burn it later because they show hatred and bitterness towards those who attacked them for no reason or for sport. There is a lot of reasons why they hate them, hence why some of them kicked, spit, or even stab the corpse to make sure they are dead on the ground forever.

"Although I have a question if that's okay with you," Sergeant Sam curiously asked, making Grieve and Greg look at him.

Grieve nodded at Sam, "Sure thing, ask away."

"Why did they attack you?" Sam asked, this made Mark curious also.

Then Grieve's and Greg's faces change from a friendly smile to a fit of anger. This action surprised and confused the two officers, "Those bastards hate us, especially we Humans in general," Grieve said with spite, he then looked at the big pile of dead lizardmen and captive ones with a glare, "These are the fuckers and its species declared war to us with their allies."

"And why did they declare you?" Sam asked, if these lizardmen and their allies attacked Humans, then the Aether Empire and its people will be in great trouble!

"Hell if I know!" this time Greg shouted in anger before pointing at the captive lizardmen with fury, making the captured ones shiver in fright at the sight of anger by a single person, "From what if I heard, they attacked us because we are different, even our allies defended us but they are also getting attacked."

"That's... worrying..." Sam said, if this is true then this is a big problem.

"Not only that, the last thing I heard from capital messengers is that they are deep into the Kingdom and we are losing the war. This town is just one of the towns at the bore front of another monster nation," he then pointed at the lizardmen, "Those bastards."