How to end a perfect date

"So...I guess our date ends here?"

Amity quietly said, her hand was still lingering on her beloved's hand by hooking their pinkies together, holding every second left they had. They got a little carried away while talking under the Grom tree, making it last like the gaze of two people who could only meet one time a year. When they finally realized, the dawn was already on their heads. Boiling Isles weren't a safe place to walk around defenselessly and wow-woah admire the stars, especially for someone who was so unwary about her surroundings like Luz. Amity decided to walk her home and make sure her girlfriend was safe, or maybe, she just wanted to hold that hand a little longer. They walked really slow along the way.

Not that it was their very first date, being somewhat homebodies, they pretty much enjoyed their little privacy while reading or cuddling in Luz's homey nest or Amity's cozy hideout. It was perfect for running away from the chaotic and noisy world on the Boiling Isles, not that they hated it, the lovesick souls just needed some space. That was why they never had an actual day out that could be called a date like this, which costed Amity sleepless nights to plan because she wanted everything to be perfect for her girlfriend (well actually, she was just obsessed with perfection, the witch admitted, it felt like victory, and she loved standing on top of the pride), that was however, completely worth. It was nice to sometimes let your love live in the fresh air, a little show-off while holding hands in public, or sit on the hill and allow your inner feelings to expand like the view your eyes could see. The day was full of delightful laughter and good foods, but their smittenness was not. It might never be full just like the way this burning young love could never get enough of the other's affection.  

"Today was fun! I love how you took me to every place that held the memory of us!" Although it was already night time, Amity felt like she could still catch sunshine watching her girlfriend talking. "The good ones I mean..." Luz clarified after to avoid some unnecessary flashback from when they hadn't deeply fallen in love.

"Thank you, Amity, for taking me home!" Making use of the hand holding, Luz playfully swung both of their arms. Her cheeks were still flushed from all the excitement she had gone through today, and she could tell her girlfriend was excited just the same, from the way she squeezed Luz's hand thorough the day, and despite having very little light from the moon, Luz could still capture the faint sight of red on the witch's face.

"Thank you too, Luz. And this is of course, my pleasure" A smile bloomed on the witch's red face, she looked like rose. Amity lifted the hand she was holding up to place a small kiss on the back of it, causing the human to giggle before she squeezed it back in a worried manner, Luz said.

"But...who will walk you home? It was already this late...I care about your safety too you know..."

"What do you mean?" to her girlfriend concern, the witch replied in monotone. She circled her finger, from her back, rose up two massive abominations which let out a low monstrous roar, towered and covered Luz in total darkness. Standing in such a shadowy night, they absorbed the dark and became even more frightening.

"...Never mind" Luz sweated a little but also rested assured that her girlfriend could easily crush someone before they could even crush her (Well yes, even in the figurative sense). Feeling relieved, she decided to let go of Amity's hand, but it immediately reached out to grab her back, this time on the wrist, then pull her in for a quick kiss on the cheek.