The holiday of love

"Christmas..." 

Amity spelled the word on her tongue, wondering why all the names human had created could sound so beautiful, just like the name of her sweetheart. It had been a couple of months since everything had been fixed, they could finally travel between two realms like opening the door and visiting a close neighbor. With this opportunity, Luz had been giving Amity a hint that she would love to take the witch to meet her mom. However, chaotic magical life, intense exam weeks, the young witches were distracted by the on-going plans and they ended up delaying the trip again and again. That was why us busy witches need excuses like holidays to pull us back to what was forgotten.

Just like Christmas, Boiling Isles had a similar holiday called The Hiberna-titan. Around this season, the Isles slowly became not so 'boiling', temperature started to drop really low as if the Titan was sleeping. The witches believed that was when Titan took a break to revive and to bring the land back to its richness. Before the season came, the Isles would receive a loud rumbling as a sign, from which some superstitious witches claimed that was the sound of the Titan's heart which lied somewhere on the Isles. Medium quakes would occur within the first week, causing snow from the Knee to fall down the towns that lied in the valley. Together with the cold air mass that brought along the freezing wind, Boiling Isles then became no different than a snowy land from human's earth, exposing itself in winter season.

The witches then made use of this period of time and turned it into a big holiday, where you could feel the creepy-merry vibes in all the classic conjuring songs, witches started hanging burnt wreath branches in front of the door to invite ancient witch spirits into their house, shaggy spiders crawling around the red fir trees, blinking troll's eyeballs being hung around the town, the nutty scent from a cup of hot toasted bugs juice, smoke steaming up the newly roasted ostrich-like monsters,... Overall, it was a heartwarming holiday to retreat with family around a fireplace in your cozy house, or you could have a romantic date with your lover just walking around the town and enjoy a hand holding, with the warmth that overwhelmed even the coldest wind. The holiday was pleasant like the small ringing sounds of a bell, waking up a vibration of feelings which had been sleeping deep in the dusty hearts.

But all that ringing meant nothing to Amity's parents, business valued more than the mean of family sentiment, the value which was supposed to fill a grand yet empty house. This was the time some rich investors wanted to burn their money, seeking surprise by throwing a nonsensical amount of luxurious parties, which were no doubt, gold mines for business families to join and dig for chances. Therefore during this season, the Blight parents would be even busier, traveling around and never seen at home. 

Not that Amity minded, she actually enjoyed this little peace of alone time. The witch would rather freely lie on the ground of their living room, wander in the world from her favorite book than have to crack a fake smile, serving some kind of celebration feast held by her parents. Edric and Emira would sometimes throw parties at their house, but ever since they got their own partners, they both ran away in season like this to sneak into their partners' houses, enjoying the coziness of a crowded family, leaving Amity in an empty house with a "Sorry Mittens, we will make up for you later~". The witch found her siblings' concern to be entertaining, they acted as if she was still their little baby. She already had a girlfriend and she too, spent almost all the time at Luz's place, she even had her own closet in Luz's room. Especially at seasons like these, love lit in the witch's heart a desire to be even closer to her loving human.