Thirty Nine

Adalina's POV

Another morning, another wave of sickness that I fought hard to keep away. This time, however, it was much worse, and I was glad to be at home rather than at work in the hospital. I couldn't blame it on being stressed from all the traveling anymore because it had been going on for almost two weeks. Along with the sickness, I've been feeling I've also experienced unbearable back pain and on some occasions abdominal pain that normally goes away when I walk for a few minutes. My body quickly pushed me to hurry to the nearest bathroom and hunch over the toilet, forcing the contents of my stomach out.

I felt delicate hands pushing my hair aside and holding it up while the other massaged my back in a calming manner. I felt his worried look on my back and wanted to convince him that I was fine, but how could I when I vomited despite having an empty stomach? It was the first time he caught me, although he was always aware that something was going on. It was difficult to ignore my obvious discomfort and unwillingness to speak in the mornings, how tense I felt, and how often I asked to be excused. He asked me about it several times, but I always avoided the subject, dismissing it as a result of my exhaustion.

I knew morning sickness was a part of the first trimester, but this was something different. I knew and I felt an intuition that something was wrong, but I would often during workdays go into check how the baby is and everything would come back normal, "Babe, when's your next prenatal appointment?" Christian asked.

"I'm fine. It's just morning sickness," I shrugged as I slowly go up.

"You've been exhausted for a while now, I know you check yourself, but this could be some sort of cold or maybe they can give you some sort of medication," he said.

I loved how he wanted to take care of me and make sure that I was in no way in any discomfort. I had much faith in Christian to be the greatest father and that melted my heart. And, even though he didn't know it yet, I knew he was going to be the greatest dad, "I'm okay." I said smiling and lightly pressing my hand on his cheek.

I walk over to the kitchen hunched over as I set my head down on the table.

"What's wrong?" he said smiling, across the table. "Hungry?"

"Why do you always assume I'm hungry?"

"Because you usually are" he chuckled.

I ignored his accurate statement. "Are you planning on going out?" noticing he was dressed like he was going out.

"I have some interviews at Stamford Bridge in about an hour, so I just got dressed now," he stated.

"I'm hungry," I said. He laughed, shaking his head.

"What would you like to eat?" He spoke. I pretended to think, knowing full well what I wanted.

"Can you get me some cake? Maybe cheesecake too" I giggled, "Oh and some fruit roll ups please." I said getting up and walking toward him as I set my hands on my belly. I smiled.

He nodded, with a slight eye roll, "I'll stop by wholefoods, then I can get some vegetables for dinner too" his phone buzzed.

"No, not Wholefoods. Can you go to the Diner, we always go to. Please" I said giving him puppy dog eyes as I looked up at him. He sighed in defeat, turning to grab his keys, "Wait," I said as I stopped him from turning. I grabbed his large hands and set them on my very very small baby bump, "When you get back. Can we start to brainstorm baby names? I have a few I like." I said.

"I would love that. After my interview, I'll stop by the diner, and the Wholefoods store to pick up some things. I might take a bit because I need to go to the trainer so he can roll out my legs." he said.

"That's fine. I'll be here working or doing some yoga or watching birth videos or watching 'how to take care of babies for dummies'." I said jokingly laughing. Christian's been an angel, in a sense. He's cut time from playing video games or being with friends so he can be there for me if I need him. Regularly running out to fulfill your craving requests, even at all hours of the night.

--

Christian returned a few hours later than anticipated, at this point I was getting really hungry, but thankfully he arrived just in time before I made ramen.

"Do you know how many different flavors of cakes they have?" Chris asked as I walked toward the kitchen.

"A shit ton" I called out laughing, as I struggled to get up and out of the couch because of my swollen feet. I waddled into the kitchen just as Chris was leaving again to grab the rest of the bags from his car.

"Guess again" he called out once he walked back in. I didn't reply, too busy rummaging through the bags.

"Thirty-nine! Thirty-nine different flavors of cake! Like how can that be possible" he said as he placed the cake on the counter with care.

"Yay, you go chocolate. My favorite." I said basically squealing.

"Just for you," he said as he placed his lips on my forehead.

"I'll start dinner," he said as he began unpacking all of the groceries.

"Let me help," I said as I started to wash all the vegetables thoroughly.

--

As we ate dinner we bounced around baby girl names, "Avery." I said

"I like it, what about Charlotte?"

"Cute. Aurora?"

"This isn't sleeping beauty."

"shut the fuck up. Baby girl will be a princess."

"Yeah she'll be daddy's little princess," he said.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, "Okay, let's keep going."

"Alessia," Christian said, "means defending warrior."

"That one is beautiful." I said almost getting butterflies hearing it, "I have two more that I would like you to consider. They don't have to the name. We could choose and it can be her middle name. Liliana is pure and innocent. And Josie which means God will increase."

"They're all so pretty. This is going to be hard," he said as he reached for my hand. We kept bouncing ideas and we each made a list of names we absolutely loved.

Christian: Charlotte, Alessia, Gabrielle, Halle, Mia, and Eva.

Adalina: Aurora, Leia, Astrid, Liliana, and Josie.

By the end of the night, we decided on a few names:

Astrid

Alessia

Josie

Liliana

Eva

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry I've been gone! Been super busy this week helping birth babies lol.

From the list of five names comment ya'll favorite! or make a First and middle name and maybe I'll use it. (I'll give credit). I have a name/middle name in mind.

__________ __________ Pulisic :)