TWENTY THREE

|Legacy Nicole|
                                 |20|
May19th
10:13am
Jacksonville, Florida📍

                            |Legacy Nicole|                                      |20|                              May19th                                 10:13am                   Jacksonville, Florida📍

"everyone please take your seats" the judge said banging her mallet

I sat in my seat nervously waiting to get this over with. i was shaking my leg up & down so fast i had to force myself to stop.

My parents, sister, gang, Emani, & Nardo. He had gotten me a lawyer that he said he trusted. He won't tell me what the fuck is connected to the gun which is irritating me cause he leaving me in the blind on my own fucking case.

The judge started talking & then told the defendants of the police (the people against her) to state their opinion.

"Your honor, we found a gun in the car connected to multiple murders. The murder of Jamal Bryans, Richard Hands, Thomas Smith, & Emanuel Jones. We have great reasons to believe that if she cold blooded killed anybody, she killed Emanuel Jones. She was there at the scene that night" they said making me go confused

Ej? nigga how in the hell is Nardo's hun connected to his murder? that can't be correct i'm hearing shit.

"Your Honor my client would have no reason to kill any of those victims especially Emanuel Jones, they were in a committed relationship & he is the father of her child. Also, if there is no evidence that my client is connected to the other murders they shouldn't be apart of the case" my lawyer said.

How tf he know anything about me & EJ. This is my first time even seeing this man. If i didn't tell him that means Nardo did... But why tf would he tell him about Ej if he didn't know they was gonna say that... what the actual fuck

i looked back at Nardo to see him holding Emani with his head down.

He knew... why would he keep this a secret.

I gotta get my baby away from him.

"my client doesn't want to go to trial & is looking for a plea deal" My lawyer said

"okay let's have a 30 minute recess & regroup for sentencing" The judge said. Everybody stood up & walked outside the court room

"Nardo wtf" i said walking up to him pushing him.

"listen i was gonna tell you i promise you i was" he said wiping his hands down his face.

"How could you kill Ej?" i said starting to cry.

"Bro you need to shut the fuck up yelling infront of all these officers you forgot where we at"he said pulling me into a corner

"get yo fucking hands off of me. You took my daughters dad away from her, i will never forgive you for that ever" i said

"that shit was a accident Legacy"he said starting to cry.

"I don't wanna hear it, can you just go" i said

"I'm not leaving Legacy, My Lawyer gone get you the best deal possible"

"he better" i said walking back into the court room.

after about 15 minutes of me talking to the lawyer it was finally time to come back into the court room.

"order in the court" the judge said banging the mallet making everyone quiet down.

" We want a plea deal of 1 year or 8 months good behavior. I want to keep in mind my client has a new child at home that she wants to get back to as soon as possible. There are no finger prints that match my clients & no proof that my client is connected to the murders"  The lawyer said. He knew they would still give me time because of the gun in the car.

My Lawyer & the other peoples main person went up the the judge & they decided a time for me.

"Okay 1 year prison time and 6 months probation" The judge said as she banged the mallet on the thing.

They took me back into the jail & I went into my cell.

"wassup sis what they say" my new associate London said. We became coo in intake. She in here for Allegedly killing her husband.

"i got 1 year & then 6 months probation" i said laying on my lil bunk bed.

"damn that's good, i guess yo lil ass ain't do that shi" she said giggling a lil bit & walking away from my cell. I think she actually killed that nigga.

I was just laying in bed thinking about nothing in particular. I needa get my baby away from Nardo. My momma acting like a bitch so i don't know who would take her.