Ateez (9th member au)- i was over on the bench

littlelily_e requested an ateez chapter and since they didn't have any preferences for it I'm doing a 9th member one. It's very platonic so if you guys want any more ateez stuff that's romantic then drop suggestions in the comments. I might do a Mingi or Hongjoong one (possibly a poly with both of them).
I'll be including some art stuff I've done for college at the end cause my final piece is kpop related. I'll put more about it at the bottom. Also I'm going to see ateez in about a month and I'm super excited! I'm going to the London show on may 1st.
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this one, sorry it's been so long :)

Being the second youngest member of Ateez meant Y/n was often blamed for things even when they hadn't done anything. It was why he so often told to stay out of trouble by his hyungs. If anyone got in trouble they'd always claim that it was hum instead of owning up to what they did. He often found himself near whatever chaos his members were causing so it wasn't too unbelievable that he was involved. You'd think that they'd blame Jongho since he was the youngest but the members were wise enough not to anger the fruit murderer.

The day had started innocently, the sky was clear and so was Y/n's mind. The oldest four had gone out food shopping. It was dumpling night (a night that Y/n always looked forward to) and he couldn't wait for the feast they'd all have later.
"Ahhh tokki! We need your help with something."
Hearing the familiar nickname, Y/n looked up to see San and Wooyoung. They were the first people to ever call him by that nickname and fit him well. Much like a rabbit, the boy was small, soft and quiet.
"If it is anything that'll get me in trouble then I'm staying right here."
"But-"
"No buts, I'm not doing anything today. If you need me for anything that isn't mischievous I'll be over here on the couch."

It wasn't until an hour or two later that hyung line came home, noticing immediately that two troublemakers were in an unusual position.
"How did you two end up like that?!"
Hongjoong asked, concerned that San and Wooyoung had both managed to get parts of  themselves stuck between the bars on the back of the kitchen chairs.
"We can explain. So Y/n-"
"Hey! I didn't do anything! Don't try and blame whatever that is on me."
Y/n finally noticed the chaos's around him. He had put his headphones on after rejecting San and Wooyoung and hadn't heard anything going on until his hyungs came home (the noise cancelling was incredibly useful considering how loud his members could be).

"So, what happened?"
Seongwha asked Y/n, Yunho and Hongjoong we're busy trying to separate the two boys from the chairs and Yeosang had gone upstairs, stating that it was a 'personal problem' so they should deal with it themselves. Y/n was close enough to the strange scene that Seongwha couldn't help but be slightly suspicious.
"So I was over on the couch."
"Okay. And what happened next?"
"We'll they came up to me and asked for my help with something,"
Seongwha stopped him.
"Were they stuck in the chairs at that point?"
"No. I told them I wouldn't be do anything cause I know where there plans go and then I ignored them."
"So where were you when they got stuck."
"I was over on the couch."
Y/n stated.
"And you knew they were up to something."
"Yeah but I was over on the couch."
"So you did nothing?"
"Yeah cause I was over on the couch."

Seongwha continued his questioning.
"So they were stuck in these chairs and you didn't help at all... Why didn't you do something?"
"Cause I was over on the couch! I told them I'm not taking any part in this so when they got stuck that was their own issue. Yeosangie said it was a personal problem and I agree. It was none of my business."
The older boy sighed.
"When I said you should stay out of trouble, this isn't what I meant. You could've helped them."
Y/n stood up and gestured to Hongjoong and Yunho as they struggled to make any progress on the chair situation.
"You really think that I could've helped them and it wouldn't have looked suspicious? I've been on the couch all day and you still thought I was a part of the problem. Also if they can't get them out of those chairs, do you think I could?! I have the arm strength of a worm, and they don't even have arms!"
Y/n heard San giggle and glared in his direction.

After another twenty minutes of struggling, Jongho came downstairs, getting annoyed with the constant noise below his room. He made it look easier as he somehow managed to free the two idiots from their chair prisons.
"You two are a different level of stupid. Everyday I am amazed by your lack of brain cells."
Jongho looked over at Seongwha and Y/n before speaking.
"If I were Y/n I would've done exactly what he did. Wherever he goes, trouble seems to follow and it is probably best to do nothing."
Y/n smirked triumphantly.
"Thank you, that's what I've been trying to tell everybody."
"I still don't know how you find yourself so near to any sort of mischief. You're like a chaos magnet."
Seongwha stated, gaining a some chuckles from the members.

"Hey I just woke up, what did I miss?"
The boys all glanced over to Mingi, still in his pyjamas, rubbing his eyes.
"Okay if I'm the chaos magnet then Mingi must be some sort of chaos repellent cause I don't know how you could've missed all of this!"
Everyone laughed.

Although he seemed to draw trouble in wherever he went, he was grateful that the members would always be there to sort it out.

So this ones a little all over the place. Also I wrote blade of grass before I changed it to worm and when reading back through it it said blade of worm so I think I'm probably out of my usual writing headspace lol.
So for anyone who wanted to see the art stuff I've been doing for college, here it is. I did a Wooyoung piece that isn't very good so I won't include it but these two pieces were my test Lino prints so they haven't actually been properly printed, they should be more clear when I do print them though! I'll include the Lino blocks so you can see the actual carving. Also I accidentally cut myself carving San which wasn't fun. The mingi piece is my favourite.

 The mingi piece is my favourite

The theme for the fmp is journey so my idea is a journey through music

The theme for the fmp is journey so my idea is a journey through music. The final idea I'm going with is one group/musician over their career so I've chosen mingi as my focus and I'm gonna do 4-6 portraits of him with different album themed doodles over the top to show a journey through Ateez's music. I'll be doing pirate king era, illusion era, wonderland era, inception era and deja vu era and I'll be using the concept photos as references for my portraits. Then I'll doodle on top of them with things that relate to that album (the background will be album cover colours, the portrait will be in graphite pencil and the doodles will be acrylic paint and paint pens so it's mixed media pieces). I'll probably have one doodle that connects each piece physically but hopefully you should be able to see the musical journey through that if it makes sense. I'll probably post more art stuff at the end of a stray kids chapter at some point because I did a lot of stuff on them. My fmp last year was completely based around them and this year I did a lot of experimental pieces on them. I did a couple of pieces on Yoongi as well that I'll put somewhere in here. You'll probably see more stuff related to mingi in the future cause most of my work will be about him lol. Sorry most of this chapter is just authors note stuff, I don't really have anywhere else to share this sort of stuff :)