This is Stupid

(A/N) So I'm gonna try to update every few or every days, but that will probably fail. I really want to try to get this out before I forget everything 💀 Anyways, enough of this.

   So in the end, we are just all staring at each other. "Oh God, I hope Aku-" I whisper and get interrupted by hearing someone in the back saying "c'mon you guys, let's go take a seat. *Cough*" I know that voice. Of course Akutagawa is there. Just my luck. Dazai laughs a bit, seeing my reaction. Everybody was kinda in shock for a moment, but then got back to talking.

   "Atsushi, you can calm down. No need to worry right now." Dazai reassurses me. I guess he realized my feelings fast, like normal. "Dazai, Akutagawa is over there, you know, the one who tried to KILL me?!" I say, trying not to yell. "Well yes, but he tried, but didn't actually. Here, I'll go over there and show you that they won't mess with us right now." Before I could stop him, he walks over to their table across from us. I let out a breath as I start to freak out. I don't want to make a scene here.

   "Hello, my lovely friends. How-" "Shut up, Dazai. We aren't your friends" The boy started to look at him. I think that is Chuuya, but I can't see him. " Oh hello, my dear Chuuya! No need to be so mad." He smirked one of his stupid, dorky smirks. After more of them talking, Chuuya ended up trying to choke Dazai. Even though that is going on, and they are as loud as ever, my mind still focuses on something else. Akutagawa. He just scares me a lot, or at least, I think that is what it is.

   "Hey, Yosano?" "Yes, Atsushi dear?" "Could you keep an eye on Dazai while I go to the bathroom?" "Of course!" She says while smiling. I walk to the bathroom, just to try to take a breather. I look at myself in the mirror. "Why am I freaking out so much? Nothing is going wrong right now, and nothing will most likely happen right now, so why am I freaking out?"

I hear the door open, and I run into a stall. "You are so stupid, weretiger. I saw you." I hold my breath. Why? I hate this. This is stupid. He walks to my stall and kicks the door down. With the force that he kicked down the door, he landed in a pinning me against the wall kinda way. Our faces were so close, I could hear his breaths, calm and collected. "I knew you were in here, so just get out since there is no use in hiding." I stare at him. His dead eyes. But somehow...somehow I see a sparkle in them, or something that makes me have hope. "Quit it. It's not nice to stare at people."

Before I could get out, I hear the door open again. It's Dazai this time. "Hey Atsushi, we are ordering-" He looks at us, and with the position we are in, it looks VERY different from what is actually happening right now. "Did I interrupt something~ Sorry, I'll leave you be~" and with that, he walked out the door. My face is as read as a tomato. Akutagawa still has his not-phased look on his face, but at the same point, his eyes make him look a little embarrassed.

   "I'm gonna go now." I try to slowly go to the door, ending in me actually bolting out the door. Akutagawa just stares. I don't know what just happened, but I thought he was gonna kill me. At the same point, I saw something.

I saw kindness in those eyes.

*Time skip to when they are walking home*

   "DAZAI. FOR THE LAST TIME, IT WAS NOT WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE." I yell at him as he keeps teasing me. People are staring at us, but we are already a loud group, so we don't really mind. "Atsushi, you don't need to hide stuff from me, you know" and he made his frowny face. Gosh, he gets me so annoyed sometimes.

   Once we got to the agency, we stayed there for a little bit, just talking to each other. Ranpo snacking while Yosano is drinking, Tanizaki with Naomi, Dazai sitting with me and Kunikida, and the others kinda running around.

*One hour later*

   "Hey, Atsushi, we should hed out now." Kyouka tapped my shoulder. "Oh, yeah, you are right." I start to get up. "Hey guys, we are gonna leave now! Bye!" I yell to the others as they wave at us. We start walking down the sidewalks.

   "Hey Atsushi, did something happen in the bathroom today?"

  "What?"

   "You were gone for a bit while at the cafe, and Akutagawa went in. Did something happen?"

  "Oh, no. Nothing happened!"

   I say with a smile on my face. She gives me a weird look. "Ok, I'll believe you, but if you need something or if something happens, just tell me." She says while slightly smiling.

   We get home a little later. "Hey, you can shower first, I'm gonna go take a walk." I shout to Kyouka. "Ok, be careful." I walk out the door. I don't know where I'm walking. The air smells different tonight. I don't know what it is. The lights seem brighter too. Something else is different, but I can't tell what.

Suddenly, I notice what it is...
Someone is following me.