Unspoken Plans

I took Maya to my parents. You have a lot to do too, I can't expect you to pay attention to the two of them. I hurry back. Love ya baby.

The small written letter waited for her on the kitchen counter. She adored his old ways. He could have written a text message to her, but that wouldn't be Kit. if he has a chance... he avoids using digital devices. She smiled a bit and glanced at Ted. The tiny puppy followed her since she got up from the bed. 
"I did not give you any dinner right?" Emilia laughed at herself and crouched down to him. "I am sorry." she scratched his ears. "You know... when your dad is around..." she felt how her cheek went red "I lost my mind a bit. In the best way." she rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. "So what do you want? Beef or Lamb?" she stretched herself and turned to the counter. She quickly prepared some food for Ted but she felt different than the past few months. She was happy. They spent countless nights together, but no matter how many times she slept with him... she just felt more and more that she belongs to him. She knows by that moment that she can't live her life without Kit Harington. That was not an option anymore. Emilia placed the bowl in front of Ted and turned to the coffee machine, but before she pressed the button she spotted Kit's keys on the counter. She frowned. Those keys should be with him. 

"Darling. I am here." a women's voice brought her back from her thoughts and she quickly turned in the direction.
"Mom!" her eyes rounded suddenly and she almost strike down her mug from the counter. "What are you doing here?" she quickly asked her. 
"You forgot?" Jenny put a laptop bag on the counter. "We have to do the presentation. For the charity. We discussed that." her mother narrowed her eyes.
"It's Friday." Emilia realized.
"It is. What happened?" Jenny laughed a bit at her and started to open her bag to pull out the laptop from it.
"Mom. Why don't we... ahm..." Emilia was clearly disturbed and she blurted the words. "Why don't we go to the office? I mean... We can... ahm... concentrate better there and we can... ask the others, use their opinions." she crossed her arms and shrugged her shoulders. 
"What are you hiding?" Jenny leaned to the counter and stared at her.
"Nothing. Really. I just..." she glanced at the keys then back to her mom and bit her lip." I ... need some... I just don't want to sit at home. I mean I was here all-time long in the past period and..." she quickly jumped next to her mother and gave a kiss to her face. "Just a couple minutes and we can leave." she turned to the stairs to get ready. She did not want to tell Jenny. Not now. Not that soon. She only wanted to tell her when they finish with Rose too. When they know what is her decision. She run up on the stairs but before she could reach the top of it the disaster hit. 
"Baby, have you seen my keys?" Kit entered the house and shouted the question. "I put it somewhere yesterday" he continued his monologue but quieter and looked around. Emilia already knew they are busted. She slowly started to walk down the stairs. Kit heard her steps and raised his eyes at her with a huge smile. Em bit her lower lip again and just pointed in the direction of the kitchen with her finger. Kit frowned but he understood at the moment he turned his gaze there. "Jenny" he cleared his throat and tried to smile. 

"Kit." Jenny sighed and just stared at him. Emilia reached the bottom of the stairs but she hesitated before she stepped back to the kitchen. If she had a choice she would have stayed hidden behind the wall. Kit glanced at her and indicated with his head to join him. Em shook her head at first. "Emilia Isabelle Euphemia Rose Clarke" Jenny said her full name.
"Gosh, how I hate when she does this." Em rolled her eyes and stepped next to Kit.
"That does not mean any good thing in your family either, right? When your parents call you in your whole name?" Kit tried to joke with them, but Emilia knew her mother is probably not in a good mood at that moment. She bypassed the counter and sat to the other side. "Kit" Jenny showed him to sit down. He did. He would have never objected against her will. She was like her daughter. Confident, small... but scary. Jenny looked at Emilia at first then turned to Kit, then back to her daughter. 
"Don't look at me ... with those judgy eyes." Em lowered her head. "I wanted to tell," she added quietly.
"Yeah, that is sure. That is why you wanted to leave the house at the moment I arrived." Jenny sighed. "Because you wanted to tell me not because you wanted me to avoid meeting with him."
"She really wanted. To tell. I mean." Kit tried to save his love. "She just... did not want you to worry. So... she wanted to tell it when ... " Kit's eyes met with Emilia's. 
"When the situation is clear." Em sighed. "With Rose, because I know your opinion and... I know I promised you that we'll be more careful after I expose Rose. I know. Okay?" she rolled her eyes.
"And being careful means Kit immediately moved here after he left his official and a quite pregnant girlfriend or fiancé or whatever she is... behind?" Jenny was a bit too honest, but they can't blame her. She was right in everything. 
"It happened yesterday." Em swallowed. 
"That is not an answer to my question." Jenny took a deep breath. Everyone was in silence for some seconds. "Well... it worked well last time too." Jenny continued. "You were a hair's breadth away to bust. Why the hell you did not learn from it?" she raised her voice a bit. "We agreed..." she wanted to continue.
"I know." Emilia turned to her and raised her voice too. "Can't you just... trust us. And... be a little happy because... he is here and..." she tried to find the right words.
"I am. I know how much you love each other. My problem is not that." Jenny crossed her arms. 
"Then trust us." Emilia was still a bit too fierce.

"Can I have a word?" Kit tried to interrupt their fight. 
"Sure" Jenny rolled her eyes and stepped to the coffee machine and turned it on. "Although I think I know what you want to say," she added. 
"You are right," he answered quietly both Jenny and Emilia turned to him surprisedly. "That... I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't move here immediately ... not until she made her decision. I mean Rose. We cause enough pain. All of us for... each other, for the other. For everyone." he explained. Jenny's face changed. She was listening to him quietly and his thoughtful words surprised her. Emilia was more in shock. "I ... I don't want anything less than lose her again." he glanced at his love. "We are on a good way to solve it, and we can't spoil it this time. And we won't." he elbowed to the table and he was so serious. "I am not going to stay here, especially because the premiers are coming and I won't even be in London in the next few weeks. So ... you don't have to worry about that." he turned to Jenny.
"You forgot to share that with me." Emilia narrowed her eyes. 
"We ... did not have too many chances to talk about it. Our plans and working schedules." he swallowed. "We couldn't talk before yesterday and when we could... ahm... well that was not the most important topic," he admitted. "Anyway." he cleared his throat. "I need to leave next Monday. And I won't be in London for a while, so you don't have to worry about that. That anyone sees us. Maybe that will be enough time for Rose too... to give an answer..." he spread his arms. 

"Or she'll take advantage of those premiers to bust you. I hope you are prepared for that too." Jenny answered. 
"There is a chance for that too but I am ready to face that if she chose that. And Milly too. Right?" he glanced at Emilia. She nodded. "But... I don't think she'll do that. She has too many things to ... lose. In her family that is not that simple. They would never accept it, and I don't think she would dare to risk that. To come to the light..."
"You cannot know... "Jenny shook her head.
"I know her. Believe it or not. More than anyone." Kit looked confident. " So far... I just ... I just did not want to believe that she is capable to do those things, but after her pregnancy... after she drugged me to cheat Emilia.. and even me... I know she is capable of many things. Against us. But that is not about us this time. This time it is about her. And her reputation. Her name and her family name. That is different." he explained and it was clear he was thinking about that and those were not just sudden thoughts. 
"So If I understand correctly you and Emilia won't be together for a while." Jenny made the conclusion.
"For almost a month is sure." Kit nodded and he noticed the surprise on Milly's face. She knew he has to go to the premiers one to another, but she had no idea it lasts for a month. "I only spend one or two days in London." he sighed. "This... is quite a fucked up period if I want to be honest." he lowered his head.
"But this fucked up period came in the perfect time," Jenny added and turned back to the coffee machine and pressed the button. "In your best interest."

Kit saw in her face that she is disappointed and maybe he should have told her the previous day. Maybe he should have, but he did not want to ruin the moment and if he wanted to be honest he did not even think about that. Just now when Jenny mentioned that. He got used to that Emilia always knows everything about him, and it was so obvious that she knows that too. He forgot that they didn't talk for a while ... especially not about work. When they had those short moments in the past few months... they did not even want to talk about work. 
"Kit if you don't mind, we need to do a presentation today." Jenny grabbed the mug and turned back to them. "Of course, you can stay just..."
"No. No." Kit smiled at Jenny "I ... I wanted to go to my parents. I just... left my keys here." he stood up and looked around. 
"At the counter." Emilia nodded towards the other counter behind her back. She looked sad and she did not even look at him. She was scratching her fingers. That is definitely not going in the way she imagined or planned it. She was ready to spend some months separated from him. She knew he has a job in New York at the begging of the New Year but... she thought at least they have a month together before he leaves. That information struck her like a bolt of lighting. Kit grabbed his keys then stopped for a moment behind her then leaned closer and gave a kiss to the top of her head. His hand was resting on her shoulder but she was on the verge of crying so she was just sitting there like a rock. "But... ahm ... I would spend the weekend here if you don't mind it." he glanced at Jenny.
"No of course not." Jenny drank her coffee and Kit started to walk out of the kitchen. He glanced back at Emilia, but she avoided looking at him. "And Kit." Jenny caught his attention again. "I am not against you. I never was. I hope you know that." 
"I know." Kit took a deep breath and smiled, then his gaze wandered back to Emilia. He knew her. He knew right at that moment she hated him, but he'll make amends when he arrives home. He won't plan to do anything else in the following two days just hold her close and show her how much he loves her.