Bouquet of Flowers

Kit was on his way home. He asked his parents to take care of Maya in the following weeks due he is going to be away. His mind was racing about Emilia and their talk. He did not want to hurt her. He did not think about the following period... just the present. He kind of forgot that he need to fly away and spend almost a month outside London. Away from her... He was walking on the street. It was a bit cold but he still couldn't figure out what to do with Milly. With his Milly... to make her in a better mood. She did many things for them. She risked many things to be happy with him. He smiled a bit under his nose. That was sure once-in-a-lifetime love. Not that he hadn't felt that many years before. He fell in love with her, even if he denied it. He loved her since their first talk, or... since their first night together. It was so clear that they belonged together, and he still blamed himself because he was not fighting for her, just drifting with the events. That was the worst thing that he could do. He should grow balls. He shouldn't care about the opinion of anyone else. Just for his own. He sighed and raised his head up, and he spotted a florist. At that moment he knew what he should do. 

In just a quarter of an hour, he was there right in front of her door, and he pulled out the keys from his pocket and entered the flat. He immediately heard some noises, some sounds from the kitchen. He walked closer slowly and quietly. Emilia giggled loudly and he heard a deep laugh too. He frowned and he turned to the kitchen with the flowers in his hand. A tall, handsome man was standing in the kitchen, next to his love... too close. They were standing with their back to him and talking, chatting, giggling. Kit had no idea what to do at first, but then he cleared his throat and Emilia quickly turned in his direction.
"Kit" she surprised. "What... what are you..."
"I live..." he wanted to answer but Emilia shook her head quickly so he stopped.
"Oh. I remember" she acted cool. "That is your... anniversary. Yeah." she tried to find some explanation quickly. "I ... I ... her present is ahm... my bedroom. Upstairs. Just a minute and..." she glanced to the men next to her then back to Kit. 
"I've already had to go." the man shrugged. "It was amazing to work with you Emilia. I hope we'll repeat again someday." he hugged her quickly. 
"I... Let me escort you out." she patted his shoulder and they walked towards the entrance door. Kit stayed in the kitchen and put the flowers on the counter. He leaned to the counter and sighed. He must not be jealous. He has no reason to be jealous. He repeated that sentence to himself. 
"Sometimes you should think through your words." Emilia arrived back and spread her arms. "Seriously Kit! Why don't you put it into a billboard that we live together?" she raised her voice. 
"It might have been better when we were not. Then at least you did not have to worry about you meeting with some guys," he answered in the same way. He knew he should have not, but the fact she attacked him immediately did not help. 
"Are you serious now?" Emilia pulled a face. Kit raised his eyes to the ceilings then lowered his head. "He is a journalist, and my mom managed an interview. Not to mention he has great connections. He arranges some online broadcast for the charity." she sighed and rolled her eyes. 
"I am sorry, I was just... surprised. You should... write a message about it." he took a deep breath. "And... I am not coming here." he sat on the chair next to the counter. 
"You are right, I ... probably I just get used to that I live alone." she turned to the fridge and took the water out of it. Poured a glass for herself. "Not that if that will change in the upcoming month." she made a comment and drank into the water. 
"Anything else? Anything else that you want to throw to my head?" Kit turned to her, and his eyes were on fire. Emilia raised her eyes at him, and she felt how her mouth was trembling. They were just looking at each other then a moment later she lowered her head. 
"I did not mean that. Ahm..." she sighed and she was playing with the glass on the counter. Kit remained in silence too. At least a minute passed this way. They did not want to hurt each other, but somehow it is getting harder. 

"What is that?" she asked quietly finally. Her eyes stopped on the flowers wrapped in paper. 
"A lame attempt not to quarrel even more" he sighed again. "I know I should... tell you that I am going to leave, but ... I was too happy to be next to you," he admitted. "I did not even think about that..." 
"Can I..." she stretched her hands towards the flowers and after he nodded and whispered a Sure... she opened the paper around them. There was 11 wonderful strand of roses. Some of those have different colors. She smelled those and smiled a bit. "Those are beautiful" 
"One for every year." Kit pulled half of his mouth to a smile. "White for the first year, because that was so clean and simple between us. The pink ones for the upcoming years. When we just enjoyed each other and those wild nights. While we were friends with benefits." he explained "Then... Rose came into the picture and we were just... friends. So probably the blue ones perfectly symbolized our friendship. The love, the respect, the... attachment to each other." he continued and Emilia was just staring at the flowers, and her eyes filled with tears. "After that... we finally realized... or at least we were not afraid to say our feelings out loud. So the red ones are for that." he swallowed.
"And the black?" she barely could form the question. 
"It would be a lie to symbolize our past year with a red rose. We almost passed the whole year separately, but there is an extra red rose because... our love can survive everything. Or... at least I hope it will happen in this way." he lowered his head again and took a deep breath. Emilia bit her lower lip, then placed the flowers on the counter and walked closer to him. Stopped right in front of him, and he could see her feet. He slowly raised his head up and their gazes met. 
"I love you," she whispered the words and put her arms around his neck. Kissed him with so many emotions. With so much love. He was her one true love. No matter what happens. No matter how many times they have those small fights. She wanted only him. Kit pulled her closer to himself by her waist and kissed her even more. 
"Hey." he noticed the tear on her cheek and wiped it away.
"You still know how to take me off my feet." she giggled a bit. "That thought ... those flowers..." she glanced at those "And from now on I hope you only buy red ones." she turned back to him. 
"Well, it is not just up to me." He grinned. 
"I am sorry I ... reacted in this way." she continued quietly. "I should ... I shouldn't attack you because of work. We ... never had a debate because we have to work and... our job ... we need to travel sometimes and... we can't do anything about that. I just hoped... until you need to leave to NYC..." she tried to explain her feelings. 
"You thought at least we can spend the following weeks together." he nodded. He understood. More than she thought. He wanted the same. "But. That thing... I agreed on it before ..."
"I know." she nodded quickly and caressed his face. "It just... sucks" she grabbed the edge of his shirt. 
"But I'll be home for Christmas." he smiled. "And we can... go somewhere. Travel somewhere. Together. Away from the mess." 
"That would be the best Christmas present." she nodded and breathed another kiss on his lips. 

"Did you..." she tried to form another question but he did not want to stop kissing her lips. "Kit" she laughed a bit while he was kissing her more. "You did not want to waste any of your time, right?" she giggled. 
"Never again in this life. Not even the upcoming one." he pulled her face closer again. 
"Did you tell to your mother?" she swallowed. 
"That you saved my life?" he smiled at her and he was scanning her face. 
"That is quite a strong wording." she shrugged.
"That is the truth." Kit answered honestly. He was clearly so in love with her. She was the only woman for him. "I did not mention that. I just... told her that I brought Maya there because Rose can't take care of her. In her last period." he told the truth. "But nonetheless my mother asked about you, how are you, when did we meet... and so on," he smirked. 
"I think it is useless to lie to her. Just like it is useless and nonsense to lie... to my mom" 
"But she was right, you know that too:" Kit sighed. 
"I know. That was... a... reckless and sudden decision. Probably I just wanted to hurt her. Rose I mean. I wanted to throw it to her face that... she can't stand in our way." she confessed. 
"So you did not really want me to move here?" Kit narrowed his eyes. 
"That was not the sane move. But... it does not matter, since you are going to leave on Monday." Emilia did not want to lie to him. 
"I wish I could give you ... what you deserve." a sad smile appeared on his face. 
"Do not talk silly things. It is you what I need and who I want. No one else. Even if that is a bit... harder. That would be boring in another way." she poked his nose with her nose. 
"Sometimes boring is good." he nodded. "Easier. Calmer." 
"Boring is boring Harington." Emilia raised his head up by his chin. "And which great love story wasn't complicated? Think about that." she smiled at him. She was shining. Her eyes were like emeralds. He was so in love with her. There were no right words to express his feelings. 
"I am afraid right now I only can remember the ones that ended up tragically." he tried to think. 
"Well, it is fine for me. If we die together in the bed, in the arms of each other. Many... "she leaned closer "Many" she licked his lips "many.. years from now." she kissed his lips and he finally stood up and raised her to his lap. 

"I love you Clarke." he pulled her face closer and continued kissing her. She was so light, that he could hold her with one arm. He started to walk with her towards the living room and a moment later he laid over her on the sofa. 
"Kit!" Emilia stopped him by his chest. "The flowers. Those will wither." 
"Fuck the flowers." he laughed at her and continued kissing those desirable lips. He did not even think about letting her out of his arms. He is going to enjoy every damn minute until Monday. They had so much wasted time to make up for. The kiss became wilder and full of passion. His hand found its way under her shirt and she shuddered at the moment he touched her skin. "Kit" she whispered to his mouth. At least in sex they never had any disagreements. And they are getting better and better to solve the other ones... without debating. "Kit" she moaned his name again, but before he could have gone too far someone knocked on the entrance door. Loudly.