prologue

"So, your field trip tomorrow,are you excited?"
She asked Simone.

Simone let out a large sigh as she struggled to lift herself up onto the bar stool, requiring assistance from her mom.

She huffed.
"Yes, we're gonna go see zebras, and tigers and paycocks-"

"Peacocks,my love. Peacocks."
She corrected her,making her nod her little head.

"Right,peacocks. And we're gonna ride the big yellow school bus there, and when we get there we're gonna eat lunch. Oh! By the way, could you make sure to pack an extra pack of fruit snacks in my lunch pale,and don't forget to cut my sandwich in triangles,not rectangles!-"

"Okay okay."
Tori chuckled,swiping some of the curls out of the little girls face.
"I'll make sure, I promise"

"Thank you."
She smiled up at her mom.

"So,chicken Alfredo with bread or do you wanna share some ramen with your mommy?"
Tori asked, getting up from her stool to stir the food.

"Mmmmm."
Simone lifted a finger to her little chin to make a thinking face.
"Alfredo,and an extra piece of bread too please!"

"An extra piece of bread? You keep eating like this we're gonna have to get bigger pants for that cute little belly."
Tori told her with a giggle,making Simone do the same.

Tori scooped two spoonfuls of pasta onto her pink princess plate before placing two small pieces of bread on it.

"Alright pretty princess, here's your serving size."
She told her,placing the plate in front of her.

Simone thanked her, going to dig into her plate just before her mom stopped her.

"Hey! one, you're not gonna wait for me and two, say your grace first!"
She scolded her,making Simone sigh.

She put her hands behind her back to hold herself over, she was 'sooo hungry' as she would say.

She might have been a little girl but if there was one thing about her, it was that she was gonna eat.

"Thank you."
Tori smiled as she sat down across from her as they both joined hands.

"Say the grace baby."
She told her, closing her eyes.

Simone let out a big breath before saying her grace.

"Thank you God for the great food, and my great family, and my great life. Let the food heal me and mommy's bodies and keep us healthy. God bless mommy, God bless me, and God bless the fooooooood! Amen!"
She smiled, opening her eyes and digging in.

"Great job baby girl,great job."
Tori told her daughter, pulling her hair back and preparing her chop sticks to eat the ramen.

She grabbed the noodles, pulling them towards her mouth, just before a knock trickled through the home.

"Eat up babe, I'll be right back."
She told Simone.