seven - your secret's safe with me

"Okay, I'm gonna be back by one for that meeting

"Okay, I'm gonna be back by one for that meeting. If you decide to move it, just let me know beforehand, okay?"
Tori told her assistant on the phone, before hanging up.

She was completely drained of any energy or any effort to do anything.

She had been in meetings the whole week, Simone was on a rampage constantly and to make matters worse, she dropped her phone on the way out this morning.

So now she really did have a cracked phone.
The damn universe is gonna be the death of her.

But on the bright side, at least her lie last night was no longer a lie.

Tori parked on the side of the street, turning her car off and hopping out before heading into the Starbucks.

She had decided that instead of eating lunch, she was just gonna catch up on some work and have a nice, extra large, venti coffee.

Which she feel like she definitely deserved and was well overdue.

"Can I get a venti iced caramel macchiato with cold foam and caramel drizzle?"
She ordered, before handing them a ten.

"Keep the change."
She smiled, grabbing her drink before finding a spot on a soft chair.

She pulled out her laptop, getting started on some paperwork that she had meant to do the night before, but had missed out on because she fell asleep on accident.

On 'accident'.

She sipped her coffee steadily, shutting her eyes every so often to try to stay awake.

"No amount of coffee is gonna replace the sleep that you need, trust me I know."
Ryan told her, appearing in the seat in front of her.

"Where do you come from? Do you just spawn out of thin air every other week?"
She wondered, leaning back in her seat.

"Pretty much."
He shrugged.
"I see you're not fighting me to leave you alone."

She hummed.
"That's because for one, Simone's not here and two, I'm too tired to pick a fight."
She said defeated.

"Why are you so defensive over my daughter? I understand you want what's best for her but, can't you see that I want that too?"
He asked.

She sighed.
"Why are you here? Don't you have some fucking computer course you need to be attending or something?"

"You should leave. It'll make me feel so much better if I'm not in the presence of you and your...illegal tech savvy ways."
She shook her head.