five - field trip

"Okay kids, five more minutes to finish your lunch and then we're going to go see the butterfly exhibit!"Simone's teacher told the kids

Simone's teacher told the kids.

Simone hummed as she finished her second pack of fruit snacks, gathering all her trash before making her way to the garbage bin.

She groaned as she reached up to the can, standing on her tippy toes to try to reach.

"Here you go."
A pair of hands grabbed the trash from her, placing it in the bin.

"Thanks!"
She looked up at the tall figure, as he nodded before walking away.

Simone got a funny feeling in her tummy, almost like she knew the stranger or something.

But she remembers her mommy always telling her not to talk to strangers, so she shrugged it off, making her way back to her class.

"Okay class, get back in your line, we're gonna head on over to the butterflies, quietly and carefully!"
She smiled, making them all hold hands.

Simone hummed as she held her classmates hands, admiring all the different animals and creatures on the way there.

She couldn't wait to tell her mom about them when she got home. She would be so proud.

"Okay class, we're here. Now remember, butterflies like peace and quiet, so use your inside voices. And they're very fragile, so if you want to touch one, be very very gentle."
She whispered.

The children nodded, just before their teacher opened the door and they entered the room full of butterflies and flowers.

The kids broke off into different sections, admiring the butterflies.

Simone decided to go off on her own, walking around the exhibit by herself.

She stopped in front of a big section of pink and purple flowers, admiring one blue butterfly sitting on them.

She slowly sticks her hand out, pointing her little finger for the butterfly to sit on.

"Come on butterfly, I'll be very very gentle. I'm not gonna hurt you."
She whispered, just as the butterfly made its way onto her finger.

She gasped, bringing it closer to her face to look at more in depth.

She stayed completely quiet as she admired the blue and black colors of the butterfly as it sat patiently on her hand.