hogsmeade | remus lupin

first fic I've written in a while, and it's our angel remus! watching spider man: no way home has had me in the BIGGEST andrew/remus mood, and this fic is the product of my latest obsession.

The brass bell on the door of the Three Broomsticks chimed as Remus opened the door, holding it wide enough to let you in first.

He removed his coat, then yours, sliding the fabric from your shoulders and placing it over his arm. You smiled up at him, and he followed you into the pub.

You headed for your usual table, but stopped short when you noticed who sat there.

Remus bumped into your back with a "What's going on?", before you dragged him over to the bar, out of sight. He was adorable when he was confused, and you admired the look for a moment — slightly agape mouth, head tilted slightly to the side — before putting him out of his oblivious misery.

"I thought Lily was taking him to Madam Puddifoot's today," you gestured to your table, where James, Lily, Sirius and Peter sat.

He chuckled. "She did, but how long did you think it took James to devise some way out of there? Five Knuts says it took less than an hour."

"An hour?" You glanced back at the table, where James had the table entranced in a story, curls wild and hands gesturing frantically. "Ten Knuts says it took him five minutes to convince Lily this was the better choice."

"You're on," he grinned, turning to the bartender to order two Butterbeers.

Once the warm pints were in your hands, you followed Remus to the Marauder table, where Lily and Peter shuffled to make room for the two of you.

"Moony! Didn't know you were coming to Hogsmeade today," Sirius laughed.

Lily gave you an apologetic look. She mouthed an apology, knowing she'd interrupted your date. You usually appreciated the group, but was a quiet, private date with Remus too much to ask?

Remus took it in stride, though you noticed his deflated posture. "Now Prongs, tell me — how long did you last in Puddifoot's?"

"That's what I've been saying, dear Moony — I managed to last a whole forty-five minutes before I executed my escape." James launched into the story again, with Sirius applauding his ingenuity, Lily smiling into her pint, and Peter watching along.

Remus smirked as you groaned, reaching into your robe to find your money bag. "Pay up, l/n."

The walk back from the Three Broomsticks was cold, the make-your-teeth-chatter kind of cold that seeped in through your coat and burrowed beneath your socks.

James and Lily led the group, arms tight around each other, heads bent together. Sirius and Peter made up the rear, with Sirius detailing his idea for the next prank and Peter making suggestions. You and Remus were tucked in the middle, gloved hands intertwined. You leaned your head on his shoulder, listening to him talk about his Charms homework, butterbeer breath warm in your hair as he exhaled.

And if it weren't for the biting cold and the surrounding Marauders, you would've wanted to keep this moment forever. Just you and Remus, his hand in yours, his breath in your hair, your head on his shoulder. Perfect.

You shiver again, unable to keep the chill from your shaking frame. Remus pulled the scarf from his neck, hand leaving yours to untie the elaborate knot. You shake your head in protest. "Remus—"

"Hush, my love." He slid the fabric around your neck, gently tugging both sides so your head pushed forward. Remus kissed your cold nose, and you relented. "Take the scarf — I know you're cold."

With a glance, you notice you've fallen behind the other Marauders. But with Remus' scarf around your neck and his hands in yours, you didn't feel nearly so cold and alone. You smile up at him, slip your gloved fingers around his now bare neck. "Whatever will we do, now that I've got you all to myself?"

"I can think of a few things," he murmurs, nose brushing yours. "Would you mind terribly if I kissed you?"

"Remus Lupin, forever the gentleman," you laugh as his lips sweetly, finally, meet yours.