Chapter 12 - The Wait Is Over

Tensions are running high for the Tower team as they prepare for their incursion of Brainiac's skull ship.

J'onn is in the launch bay with the command team, feverishly preparing the Legion ship to take the team to intercept Brainiac's ship in orbit around the Moon.

Nia is meditating in her dedicated DEO Dream Chamber desperately trying to see anything that could help the team with the upcoming mission.

Brainy is in one of the DEO labs working intently on reprogramming the lattice to infiltrate Brainiac's virtual psyche through Jackson so that he can keep him distracted long enough to allow the team to accomplish their ultimate goal.

Lena is back at her Foundation lab. She and Eve Tessmacher are running scans and simiuations on the captured nanotech probe in hopes of isolating an uncorrupted version of the algorithm that regulates the Coluan bio-organic hive mind interface so that she can complete the work that she, Eve, and Brainy have been struggling with for the past three months and use it repurpose Brainiac's posatronic matrix to save both Brainy in the 21st century and the Big Brain in the 31st.

Kara, with nothing to do but wait for preparations to be completed, is in one of the DEO training rooms working off nervous energy when the training room door slides open and Alex enters the room.

"You okay, sis?", Alex asks.

"Yeah," Kara replies. "Cat's got things covered at CatCo and the rest of team is busy preparing for the mission... sometimes it sucks having to just wait."

"I get that," Alex says as she walks over by Kara and sits down on a bench. "Well, the Legion ship is just about ready, Brainy has finished the lattice, and Nia unfortunately came up empty. Brainiac seems to be blocking her from reaching Jackson and all she's been able dream about is Brainy trapped in some kind of containment beam."

"How are Lena and Eve coming along with the probe?", Kara inquires.

"I was just about to check in with them," Alex remarks with a winsome smile. "Want to join me?"

Kara notices the smile on Alex's face, her cheeks blush, and she playfully grins. "You are so obvious...".

"What?!?", Alex says mischievously.

Kara slyly glances at her. "I know what you're trying to do."

Alex continues to grin and shrugs her shoulders innocently.

"You want to know more about what happened in her Mind Prison," Kara accuses her.

"Well, now that you mention it...," Alex replies with a wicked grin.

Kara giggles and blurts out like a giddy school girl, "We kissed!!"

Alex's eyes light up, she puts a hand over her mouth as she giggles, throws her arms around Kara's shoulders for a hug, and exclaims, "Yes! I'm so happy for you... but wait...". She pulls back from the hug.

Kara interjects, "That's right... it was in a dream... but it was a shared dream...". Kara winks.

Alex chortles, "That may be the cutest double entendre ever!"

The sisters giggle a bit more and Kara say, "Come on... let's go check in on them."

The elevator door to the laboratory level of the Foundation opens, Alex and Kara step out, and make their way down a long hall to the last lab. Kara places her hand on the biometric scanner and a computer voice announces, "Danvers Zor-El, Kara, access granted."

The doors to the lab open automatically. Eve greets them as they enter, "Director Danvers, Kara... good to see you both, please follow me."

Smiling, Alex and Kara nod at Eve and follow her.

Alex asks, "Any progress, Eve?"

"We are so close, Alex," Eve replies. "Lena isolated the algorithm about an hour ago. We've been running different permutations of the delivery simulation trying to find the right configuration that will work on both Vril Dox and the Big Brain."

"How close?", Alex asks.

"Eve!", Lena shouts.

Alex, Eve, and Kara rush to the containment chamber where they find Lena grinning from ear-to-ear.

Lena looks at the trio and blurts out, "Got it!"

Alex, Eve, Kara, and Lena are gathered around a large wall mounted monitor in the lab. Lena interfaces to the monitor via her tablet, accesses the Foundation's mainframe, routes to a secure outside connection, enters in an access code, and J'onn and Brainy appear on the monitor.

"J'onn, Brainy, update," Alex requests.

J'onn replies, "The command crew is prepped and the Legion ship is ready to launch."

"The lattice is set and will allow us to penetrate through Jackson's psyche to reach Vril Dox's consciousness", Brainy adds.

"Excellent," Lena remarks, "the nanobots are ready. We can release the probe from containment as soon as the strike team gives us the signal."

Alex's expression gets serious as she looks around at everyone, "Let's finish this. T-minus 30 until we launch. Kara, Lena, and I are heading back now. Foundation out."

"See you ladies shortly," J'onn responds, "DEO out."

Kara gives Alex a look that her sister correctly reads as "can you give me a minute alone with a Lena", so Alex puts a hand on Eve's shoulder to get her attention, "Help me get the probe ready to transfer to the Legion ship, please."

"Of course, Alex." Eve replies as she and Alex head back to the containment chamber.

Lena gives Kara a flirtatious smile, "Subtle, Supergirl."

"Thanks," Kara's eyes twinkle as she blushes. "You good?"

"What do you mean?", Lena asks.

"Welllll," Kara moves closer to her, "it's been an interesting couple of days. Strange deaths, Mind Prisions, nanobots, and...".

Lena moves in closer to Kara and looks into her deep blue eyes, "And a lot has changed between us."

Kara puts her arms around Lena's shoulders, pulls her closer, "It's like a dream that I never want to wake from, but now were putting ourselves in the line of fire...".

"Not without doing this first," Lena presses her lips to Kara's, they embrace each other tightly, and give themselves over to the passion they've so longed to truly share.

Alex and Eve walk back in, see Kara and Lena in the throes of passion, and Eve, smiling, asks, "When did this finally happen?"

Alex smiles approvingly, "Until now, it had just been a dream."