Chapter Four: Roxanne Wolf

The day went by so quickly that before I knew it, it was time to go to bed. Normally, I would go to bed pretty late into the night, but since I was going to begin my first shift at the Pizzaplex at 8 PM and work till probably opening, I was going to need as much sleep as possible. The last thing I needed was to pass out from exhaustion at some point in the night and get into a huge load of trouble for it. That wouldn't leave a good impression on my first shift.

After taking a shower, getting dry, and brushing my teeth, I walked into my bedroom and hopped onto my bed with nothing but my underwear. I was the kind of person that really preferred to sleep in just my undergarments. After laying the covers on me, I rolled onto my side and looked at the clock. It read 10:32 PM.

'How crazy things can change in such a short time span,' I thought to myself. I switched on the alarm, rolled onto my other side, and thought over what had happened today.

What could've started out as another day looking for a job changed into something else, thanks to my mother and Peter. Thanks to my mom, I was forced to return to the one place I never wanted to set a single foot near, which looking back was probably the push I needed. Thanks to Peter, he went and talked Kyle into interviewing me and for once, luck was on my side and I got the job.

It was pretty ironic how I was now working at the one place I hated with every fiber of my being, but for one purpose. I didn't know how difficult it would be to find any clues to figuring out what happened to all of those kids, including my sister, but I was going to do what it took to find out. I might have to do things that the company really wouldn't approve of, but they, including some of their rules, can kiss my ass. I was going to do what they told me to do, but if it was something I didn't approve of, I wasn't going to follow through. I was aware that it was insubordinate of me to do so, but I wasn't going to let some stupid rules get in the way of my morals.

As I rolled onto my other side, I thought over what would happen if I screwed up trying to find out what happened. Although I should feel a bit terrified, I couldn't bring myself to do so.

When life offers you an opportunity, you are given two choices; you accept it or you decline it. Obviously, I accepted the opportunity as soon as I saw that there wasn't a security guard in sight. I knew that I had been given this chance to do something that was for the greater good. To finish something that hadn't been done for the last 10 to 12 years. Get the closure that we deserved.

I knew that I was going to get into a lot of trouble if anyone found out my intentions and the true reason why I even got the job as the security guard in the first place. I often did stupid things whenever I was determined to do something and do it right. My determination to find out the truth was indeed stupid and put me in a situation that could've been avoided. I didn't care.

For too long, I, my mother, and all of those families that lost the ones they loved and cared for dearly had been waiting for the day that closure would be given to us, something that we never got. I couldn't imagine the pain and grief that the families went through. The ones that had moved out, as well as the ones that were torn apart. They had to have gone through it as bad as me and my mother, maybe even worse than that.

That was going to change now that I was going to be working there. I was going to do something that should have been given to us after all these years; finding out the truth and giving closure. I didn't give a fuck if I was going to be praised as a hero or be thanked. If I found out the truth, I was going to do it because, in my own eyes, it was the right thing to do.

'I will find out what happened,' I thought to myself. 'I will.'

With that, I closed my eyes and, hoping that I wouldn't be plagued by nightmares, allowed myself to slip into the depths of unconsciousness.