Chapter Twenty-Four: Good vs Evil

(Author's Note: This is my first fight sequence. I did the best I could.)

Roxanne and I entered the bedroom with urgency. I slammed the door shut and walked over to the folding doors. I opened the closet with such force that I almost tore the doors off their hinges. It was mainly empty with only a few boxes stuffed inside, along with a few button-down spring jackets.

I checked each box, looking for the one that had my father's stuff inside. When I moved in, I stuffed a few boxes inside the closet as I didn't want to just leave them in the garage since some of them housed very important stuff inside. Plus, I didn't want to stuff my dad's stuff in the garage to collect dust or be entangled in a spider web.

I checked the last box that was on the floor. I smiled when I saw the words 'Harold's Belongings' written with permanent marker on the side of the box. I grabbed the box and lifted it off the floor. I hefted it over to the bed with Roxanne watching. I placed the box on the bed and began to remove the tape.

"What are you doing?" Roxanne asked curiously.

"Like I said in the meadow, grabbing a few items," I said as I struggled to rip the tape off the box. "They are inside the box. I'm sure as hell not going to fight William unprepared."

Silence filled the room as I continued with my task. It took me a moment, but I finally got the tape off the box. I opened the box and peeked inside. Inside was my father's handgun, a leather belt with ammo pouches, a shoulder holster, several boxes of ammo, a taser that took the shape of a small gun, and one of my father's favorite guns; a 6-inched barrel Colt Anaconda.

I retrieved the Colt Anaconda out of the box and rest it on the bed. I do the same with the belt, a vertical shoulder holster, the taser, and the boxes with the .44 Magnum ammo.

"Wait, what is all of this?" Roxanne gasped. "And why do you have your father's stuff?"

I looked at her to see an expression of shock plastered on her face.

"This is what I'm bringing to the fight in case shit hits the fan and I'm well prepared," I said. "And as for why I have my father's stuff, I inherited it sometime after my father committed suicide. Of course, just in case, I went to earn a gun permit when I turned 21."

Roxanne nodded, though the shock was still on her face. I honestly couldn't blame her. The wolf's probably never seen stuff like this before. Hell, she probably doesn't even know what they do. I hoped she would never have to find out.

I looked back at my stuff and picked up the shoulder holster. I put it on, making sure it was secure. I opened the 3 ammo pouches on the belt. I retrieved 3 boxes of .44 Magnum ammo as I planned to use those. I stuffed two of them into the pouches before closing them, keeping the third in my hand. I opened the box, taking 6 cartridges out of the box before closing it. I opened the last pouch and stuffed it in there before closing the pouch. I strapped the belt around my waist.

I picked up the Colt Anaconda with my right hand and opened the cylinder with caution. I put the 6 cartridges into their respective holes before closing the cylinder. I placed the gun into the holster, patting it softly with my right hand.

I picked up the taser, checking it out to see if it was in good condition. It seemed to be. I didn't know whether it would work or not, but I was going to take it with me, just in case. I stuffed it into my pocket, patting it softly.

Now ready, I closed the box and placed it back in its original spot. Straightening my posture, I searched for a good jacket. It took me a moment to pick one; a nice black jacket fitted for the warm weather. I took it off the hanger before shutting the closet. I put the jacket on, fastening all of the buttons.