Chapter Seventeen: Horrifying Discussion

I stormed into the Lobby, the double doors slamming shut behind me. I stopped in my tracks and rested my hands on my legs, looking down at the floor as I began gasping for air. My lungs burned and my throat became dry with each breath I took. I felt exhausted. I wanted to sit down and rest for a little but decided against it. I had to inform Kyle, once he arrived at the Pizzaplex, about what happened.

"Hey, Mihael!" I heard the familiar voice of Kyle call out. I looked to see him heading in my direction.

"Kyle!" I cried out as I began running in his direction. He suddenly stopped in his tracks, looking at me with a strange expression on his face. "Kyle!"

I felt on my hands and knees just about a few feet away from him. I started to gag, feeling like I was going to throw up from all of that running. I was so tired that I wanted to collapse onto the floor and pass out right there. I watched Kyle inch closer to me and got about a foot from me. He offered me his hand, offering to help me stand up. I stared at his hand for a moment before I reached for it. With little effort, he helped me get back on my feet.

"Thanks," I said, still gasping for air, though not as harshly.

"No problem," Kyle said before his face became slightly concerned. "Are you okay? You looked as if you were running away from something."

"I wasn't... running away... from anything," I said in-between gasps. "I ran... as fast as... I could... to get here... to inform you about... something very... important."

"Inform me about what?" he asked with a slight hint of concern and curiosity.

"It's about... Roxanne," I said. "Kyle, it happened again. Something is trying... to corrupt her... and we don't know how long... that will be. The worst part... is that if it gains full control of her... she will be under its influence... permanently. On top of that... whatever it is that's trying to take over her knows me. The first time it happened, it said... 'I've been waiting for you, Patel'. I think its desire to kill me has something to do with what happened in the past."

The slight concern on his face turned into horror. His face turned pale white as if the blood was drained completely from his face. Kyle began shaking slightly, which unnerved me slightly. Seeing him acting like this was not a good sign.

"Kyle..." I said cautiously. He seemed to regain himself slightly, but his face was still lacking some color.

"So, it's true..." I heard him whisper. "It's just like what Vanessa warned me about..."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked. He stiffed but didn't say anything.

"Excuse me, can you say that again?" I asked, this time with slight anger and sternness in my tone. Again, Kyle didn't say anything.

I felt my anger growing at him for not giving me a response. Seeing this made me very suspicious of him. He knew something I currently didn't. Whatever it was, I had a feeling it was something very big. It might even be very important information that would undoubtedly shed light on what was going on.

"Kyle, do you know something important that I need to know?" I asked, suspicion present in my tone. Once again, Kyle didn't say anything. I was fed up with Kyle not giving me answers at this point. "Kyle, say something! Do you know something I don't?!"

I waited impatiently. After a long, and agonizing moment, he snapped out of his trance, the last remaining color returning to his face. He sighed and locked his eyes with mine. I quickly noticed that something was off about his eyes. I couldn't tell what it was.

"Yes, I do know something," he said, sounding defeated. "Mihael, there is something important you need to know. I shall tell you what it is."

"Please?" I demanded, crossing my arms.