Chapter Nine: Roxy Raceway

We entered the hallway that led into the Raceway, which was decorated with speakers, tires, motorcycles, and trophies. Lots and lots of them trophies. At first, I thought those trophies were real, but since this was a family-friendly establishment, something told me that those were just props. It would've been really cool if all of those trophies were real instead of props. I could only guess that the trophies belonged to Roxanne since it was her raceway after all.

As we inched closer to the entrance door leading into the Raceway, I noticed that Roxanne seemed to be in deep thought, as if the wolf was thinking about something. I couldn't help but wonder what the wolf was thinking. She could be thinking about anything as far as I knew and was aware.

For one, she might've been thinking about the things I said to her. It didn't seem likely for some reason. If I were to think that were to be the case, then that would make me very self-centered as that would make me look like I cared more about what I said to her than what she truly was thinking about. So, that being the thing that Roxanne was thinking about was out of the question.

The only thing that seemed logical was that Roxanne might be thinking about how I was going to react to her raceway. It seemed likely that she would be thinking about that sort of thing. People react to things differently than others so she might be thinking that I wasn't going to react to it very well. That could mean that there were a few people who didn't react positively to her raceway. But why someone would hate her raceway was beyond me, but there could be a few reasons as to why that would be the case.

That was when I thought back to the nightmare I had a few nights ago. It took nearly everything I had to not stop dead in my tracks. I was going to the very place I had seen in my nightmare where I saw Lisa's dead body and Roxanne Wolf standing over her lifeless body, the wolf coated in her blood. Why it didn't click in my head until just now was beyond me.

'I've been waiting for you... Patel.' The voice from the dream echoed in my head, sending chills down my spine.

The idea of there being a connection to it all came back to my mind; how there could be something evil somewhere in the Mega Pizzaplex, how it might be evil enough that it was aiming to take control of Roxanne, and how it might be connected to my sister's disappearance. All of it sparked a feeling of unease and fear in my gut.

There was no way in hell that I was going to mention any of this to Roxanne. God only knows how the wolf would react or even feel about it all. For all I knew, it might scare the poor wolf and the last thing I wanted was for her to freak out. Something deep within me told me that not saying anything about it and keeping it to myself wasn't the smart thing to do and that there will come a time when I will have to tell her about it.

'No,' I thought. 'I'm not going to mention anything about it. It was probably just a nightmare, nothing more. Overthinking the whole thing wouldn't be the smartest idea. I just have to try not overthinking it so much.'

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I bumped into something. I took a few steps back and tried to get my bearings. When I did, I looked to see that I had bumped into the entrance door of the Raceway. I must have been so lost in my thoughts that I wasn't paying any attention to my surroundings.

"Mihael, are you okay?" I heard Roxanne ask, her tone sounding a bit worried. I looked to my left to see her looking at me with a slight frown on her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Roxanne," I replied. "I just got lost in my thoughts and wasn't paying attention."

"Are you sure?" she asked. "You didn't damage yourself, did you?"

I mentally rolled my eyes amusingly. I found it a little weird, but also slightly funny that she used the word 'damage' instead of 'hurt'. Humans can get hurt, but not damaged.