S. Todoroki - Handsome

Synopsis ~ You comfort shoto as he feels insecure about his scar

warnings: Extreme mega fluffiness

A smile lit up your face as you saw your half and half boyfriend enter the library

A smile lit up your face as you saw your half and half boyfriend enter the library. You silently waved towards him until you caught his attention and he made his way towards you. While he maneuvered around the shelves and other tables on his way in your direction, you couldn't help noting just how handsome your boyfriend really was. of course you knew he was handsome, but sometimes you found yourself simply staring at his face, marveling at its beauty. His soft skin, perfect jawline, every strand of hair and every eyelash seemed perfectly placed. you weren't trying to be creepy, it was just the facts. 

You had been hesitant using pet names when you and Sho started dating. He didn't seem to always quite understand the concept or reasoning behind them. It was till a few months in till you tried using "(Whatever pet name you prefer)" to your relief it went over well. since then you had tried a handful of cute names for your boyfriend, but none of them seemed to fit quite right. that is, until a few weeks ago you called him "Handsome" on accident. from there it seemed to stick. It was perfect, not too cheesy or sappy, but still sweet and truly quite fitting for the flawless boy. unbeknownst to you, your boyfriend didn't feel the exact same way. 

The first time you had called Shoto Handsome, he thought you were teasing him. After it continually being the name you called him though, he was beyond confused. Shoto wasn't the kind of guy to think much about his looks, but when he started dating you he started becoming more worried about his appearance. he didn't really think of himself as "Bad looking" but every time he looked in the mirror, his scar seemed to be the only thing he could see. he had lived with this scar for years, he knew what it looked like, but somehow knowing that you were the one looking at that scar made him sick. you were beautiful, the most beautiful person he'd ever met, so how could you stand to put up with a scar that covered so much of his face? the past few weeks he had put up with your pet name, but it was starting to feel embarrassing. so when you asked him; 

"hey, handsome, can you help me with this?" he finally decided to say something. 

"Y/n please don't refer to me as that," he replied, his voice void of emotion. 

you looked at him slightly startled, and then instantly embarrassed. you had never even asked if he was ok with that nickname, and from the way he just responded he clearly wasn't. You apologized a few times, feeling awful now, and promised to stick to the usual shoto or sho. 

easier said than done y/n. 

several days later you were sitting on Shoto's bedroom floor again doing homework since that's what most of your dates consisted of. without thinking about it, and out of habit you let the pet name you had given him slip out while you tried to get his attention. of all days for this to happen, today was not a good one. Monoma (Sorry to the monoma lovers, but whenever I need a character to be a jerk, I always use him) had slipped a comment in passing to shoto about his scar being hideous. Even though he knew it shouldn't bother him, the small comment had whirled in his head the rest of the afternoon. So when you let the name "handsome" slip off of your tongue, Shoto snapped. 

"I believe I asked you not to call me that." Shoto said coldly. 

You were surprised by the tone of his voice, it wasn't like him to really care about something like this. 

"R-right, sorry Sho, it's just a habit. I didn't mean to." you quietly answered, not trying to make him in a worse mood than he already appeared to be in. 

"It can't really be that hard to forget" he mumbled under his breath. It was then that you knew Shoto was really upset about something. Your boyfriend Does. not. mumble. while. talking. to. his. precious. girlfriend.

"Sorry, what was that?" you calmly asked him

He knew he shouldn't be angry at you. He knew he shouldn't lash out. But could you really be that oblivious? or did you find making fun of him really that funny? 

"is it really that hard to remember y/n? You have looked at my face at least once, haven't you?" 

He instantly regretted his words. He never wanted you to know about his insecurities, he didn't want you thinking he was a child.

"What do you mean by that Sho?" You replied. The hurt in your heart leaking into your words. 

"nothing." was the curt reply you received. His anger towards himself piled on top of all the other things he was holding in. 

"What the heck is that supposed to mean Shoto? Nothing? Really, I'm supposed to believe that?" You replied, your own voice now starting to raise.

"it doesn't matter" Again a short reply that was clearly untrue. 

you sighed. you didn't want to fight, but you knew something had to be wrong. Shoto wouldn't act that way unless he was really upset. taking another deep sigh you finally responded to Shoto's brusque answers. 

"I'm here when you're ready to talk, kay?" your words were followed with your hand sliding over and resting on his clenched one.  

Just when you thought he wasn't going to respond at all, you heard his voice break the silence in almost a whisper

"Why do you keep calling me handsome?" his words took you aback. and you responded almost immediately

"Because you're the most beautiful person I've ever met." 

Shoto looked up at you, finally making eye contact. the obvious hurt in his beautiful heterochromatic eyes deepening your concern. His words were even quieter this time, barely hearable

"How can you think that? I have a horrible scar that covers half of it" 

Ah. everything made sense now. your heart ached for the precious boy sitting across from you. before responding, you scooched across the floor eliminating the distance between you. gently your hands went up to his face softly cupping it. He stared at you, anxiously awaiting your response.

"oh sho. " they were the only words that left your mouth for several seconds. and then: "shoto todoroki, you have the softest skin I've ever touched. you have the silkiest hair and the most handsome jawline. your smile never ever fails to give me butterflies. you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. your scar? your scar is part of the reason I love your face so much. it shows what you've been through and how beautiful you still are. there isn't a single part of you that I dislike shoto." 

he stared at you, eyes wide. finally, voice breaking, he asked "it really doesn't bother you?"

"no, and it never has" 

your whispered response broke him. tears spilled out of his beautiful eyes, running down his face. 

"oh, my beautiful boy" you sighed, slowly drawing him into a gentle hug. his head rested on your shoulder, his tears wetting the fabric of your shirt.                                                                                                   You held him tightly as his soft sobs shook his body. years of built-up insecurities as both a child and a teenager finally being released. you simply held him, comfortingly running your hand through his hair every couple of moments, whispering soft hushes in his ear. Neither of you knew how long you sat there, but eventually, Sho's cries quieted to silence. when he finally lifted his head from your shoulder, his eyes were hesitant to look into yours. when he finally did, felt relieved. there was no judgment in your eyes, no criticism or pity. when his eyes met yours, all he felt was a deep sense of love pouring from you. running your hand through his hair one more time, you leaned in and whispered 

"I love you sho. I love all of you"

a small smile formed on his lips as he answered with his own "I love you too y/n"

Welp, there she is. I think it sounded better in my head :(

Sorry if Sho is OOC (Out of character)  (T^T)