K. Bakugo - voice

Synopsis ~ Katsuki accidentally hears you singing

warnings: 0 ;)

Yall are married in this

You're welcome💅

As he rounded the last flight of stairs, Katsuki let out a deep sigh

As he rounded the last flight of stairs, Katsuki let out a deep sigh. He paused, soaking in the silence of the empty stairwell after a long, loud, tiring day. After another moment, he inserted his key into the lock of your shared apartment. He lined his shoes up next to yours, happy to see that you were already home. Katsuki walked through the kitchen, living room, and bedroom before he finally found his wife. Or more accurately, heard his wife. Your back was to him as you sat on the floor folding the clean laundry that had been piled there for days. His entrance went unnoticed by you as you rhythmically bopped your head to (favorite song) playing through your headphones. Katsuki stood in the doorway, eventually leaning against the frame as he watched and listened to you. Having thought you were home alone, you sang your heart out to (favorite song). You couldn't even hear your own voice above the volume of your headphones. It rang out, loud and confident and completely off-key. And yet, as loud and off-key as it was, Katsuki loved the sound of it. It reminded him of all the reasons he had grown to love you, its confidence, its imperfections, the passion and unique beauty it carried bringing a gentle smile to his mouth.

It wasn't till you finished folding the laundry that you realized he was home. You were slightly startled to see him simply leaning on the door frame, and slightly embarrassed that he had most definitely heard you belting out your favorite lyrics.

"Katsuki!?" His name came out of your mouth in a mix of an exclamation and a question as you pulled off your headphones.

He didn't respond, but walked over to you and squatted on the ground next to you. His hand brushed through your hair as he brought you in for a quick kiss, before standing back up and making his way towards the bathroom.

"What was that for?" You asked amused.

"I'm gonna take a shower, we can start making dinner when I get out." He responded, ignoring your question.

A small smirk came to your face as you watched your tsundere husband.

"Sounds good" you finally responded to him, as you made your way to the kitchen. Even though you've been married almost a year, there are times when he still completely baffles you. His rough demeanor sometimes showed a softer side, his harsh words occasionally replaced by a random kind gesture. And yet the love you felt for him seemed to only ever growing more and more.

It was just another night, one that they seemed to have done a thousand times. And yet as they both continued with their menial tasks, a gentle smile tugged at the corners of their mouths. It didn't take massive gestures or grand occasions for them. It was in the small, everyday things that reminded (y/n) and Katsuki just how much they loved each other.

Kind of a short one (487 words). 

For those of you with a good voice, I'm sorry for making you a bad singer. 

Peace out <3