S. Todoroki - Wisdom teeth

Synopsis - Shoto has to get his wisdom teeth removed and you're the one who accompanies him to the appointment

Warnings: Mention of surgery, mention of blood.  

In his third year of high school, Shoto Todoroki received some unfortunate news

In his third year of high school, Shoto Todoroki received some unfortunate news. his wisdom teeth were growing in and posing a threat to the rest of his mouth. as a result, he'd have to have them surgically removed. While the surgery wouldn't take very long or be too complicated, Shoto would need someone to accompany him and drive him home.

 He had planned on having Fuyumi take him but found out the day before his appointment that she was scheduled to work that morning. Shoto was in a bind. He had two choices; 1. Have his Father take him or 2. Go with his classmate/best friend/girl he was madly in love with. 

Shoto weighed his options for all of 60 seconds before picking up his phone to message (Y/N). 

Within a few minutes, she responded saying she'd be happy to go with him, which is how Shoto found himself in (Y/N)'s car early the next morning on his way to his appointment. They only sat in the waiting room for a few minutes before Shoto was called back. Giving him an encouraging thumbs up and a bright smile that made the tips of Shoto's ears go pink, (Y/N) settled patiently into her chair and began the long wait.  

It had been almost an hour when (Y/N) was called back. The first thing she was met with in the extraction room was a swollen, puffy-cheeked Shoto. It took everything in her not to pull out her phone and start taking as many pictures as she could. She listened and nodded along as the doctor gave her instructions on gauze, medicine, and swelling.  After what seemed like forever (Y/N) and Shoto finally made their way to her car. The ride home was just over twenty minutes but was filled with conversation that made (Y/N) laugh so hard that her sides hurt. From claiming that Elsa was his mother, to ranting about his love of cold soba Shoto rambled on the entire car ride. 

When the two finally got back to his house (Y/N) carefully helped Shoto climb out of the car and brought him inside to get him comfortable. (Y/N) stayed for the next couple of hours, making Shoto comfortable, getting ice packs, pain killers, and popsicles for the still heavily drugged boy. before too long (Y/N) pulled some fresh gauze out of the bag from the dentist. As she handed it to Shoto he looked at her confused. (Y/N) explained that Shoto needed to replace the gauze that was already in his mouth to help avoid infection. He continued to look at her with a puzzled expression then finally handed the gauze back to her and uttered a very quiet "Please help me" before gluing his eyes on the tatami mat beneath him.

(Y/N)'s cheeks went pink when she realized that Shoto couldn't replace the gauze himself. She sat down next to him and took a deep breath. 'It's just Shoto. good ol Shoto todoroki. c'mon (Y/N), you've known him forever, stop making it weird.'  Yet no matter how many times she repeated it in her mind, (Y/N) couldn't stop the heat rising to her face. It'd be a lie to say she didn't have a teeeny crush on the half-and-half peppermint boy, I mean how could anybody not?

As she gently opened Shoto's mouth and fished the now red gauze out of his mouth she could feel his eyes on her. She disposed of the gauze before quickly opening the package of clean bandaging. Planning on applying the gauze, she looked up and then immediately froze as she found herself staring into heterochromatic eyes. Her breath hitched. Gosh, why did he have to be so beautiful? She could feel his soft breath against her face and the warmth he was radiating from his left side. The two sat there for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, Shoto's lips parted and he muttered a soft 'wow'. 

Whether it was a true moment of courage or simply the pain killers and anesthesia is unknown but either way, the words came tumbling out. 

"I didn't think you could get any cuter, but being this close to you makes me think otherwise." 

Upon hearing those words (Y/N) froze. As they registered in her brain her face turned redder than it ever had before. Embarrassed and spluttering (Y/N) quickly grabbed the gauze that had started to slip from her hands and positioned it into Shoto's mouth. As she started to stand up she felt a hand place itself on top of her own. The feeling set off butterflies in her stomach and a shiver down her spine. Hesitantly (Y/N) looked back up into the eyes of the one and only Shoto Todoroki. When he realized that he had regained her attention he gave her a soft smile and an even softer 'thank you' (Y/N) stared into his eyes as embarrassment slowly faded into an equally soft smile. She gave Shoto's hand a small squeeze before standing up and helping him as well. 

Once standing Shoto slumped against (Y/N), the heavy medication beginning to really take its toll. (Y/N) helped Shoto to his room and into his bed. Slowly pulling the covers up to his chin she smiled and then taking her own step of courage placed a feather-like kiss on his forehead. 

As she left Shoto's room and made her way back to the Todoroki family living room a small smile and light blush were both noticeable on her face. 

Who knew that getting wisdom teeth extracted would be so eventful?

I feel like I had a more "fun" version of the written in my head. oh well. I tried. This one was 925 words.