K. Bakugo - Sleep

Synopsis: Bakugo can't fall asleep without his lovely y/n

warnings: None other than the fact that I wrote this when I couldn't sleep so it probably sucks. 

Bakugo glanced at the clock on his nightstand for the third time. Instead of reading  '20:31' like it had the last two times, it now read '20:32' 

"What the hell is she doing out so late?" He grumbled under his breath. 

Bakugo flopped back into bed, counted another ten seconds, and then finally swung his feet out from under the sheets to meet the cool floor. he made his way to the kitchen being careful not to trip over anything on the way there. Upon reaching the kitchen, he opened the cupboard and grabbed a glass to fill with water. after drinking the entire thing, washing the glass, and returning it to its proper shelf, Bakugo headed back towards your shared bed. he climbed in, pulled the warm sheets over his body, and closed his eyes. 

it was less than a minute when his eyes snapped back open. 'Must be the water'  he thought to himself. getting out of bed for a second time, Katsuki now made his way to the bathroom. after a few minutes, he returned back to bed. he repeated his process of getting comfortable, but yet again, could not fall asleep. after that he tried everything. he tidied your room, stretched, folded laundry, put on relaxing sounds,  and even adjusted the thermostat. nothing worked. it was now passed nine o'clock and he was still up. Bakugo was lost, why could he not fall asleep? Finally, with a huff, he rolled over and grabbed his phone from the nightstand. turning it on he saw zero notifications. he unlocked it, his fingers swiftly opening his messaging app and finding your contact. he stared at the screen for over a minute, started typing a message, and then stopped, quickly deleting it. the scene repeated several times, with each message starting out different but getting deleted in the same way. at nine eighteen pm, Bakugo slammed his phone back on the nightstand having not sent a single message. He couldn't bring himself to look so...clingy. Bakugo HATED looking clingy, it made him feel so weak, so dependent.  Angrier than he'd been all night, he shoved his face into his pillow, squeezed his eyes shut, and swore that he'd make himself fall asleep no matter what.  So what if his wife was off having fun with friends leaving him to fall asleep by himself? why should he care? As Bakugo continued to try and convince himself that he didn't care, he heard the sound he'd been waiting to hear all night. It was faint, but he could hear the sound of your keys jingling in the hallway outside of your apartment door. he held his breath subconsciously, not wanting to miss a sound. the door unlocked, and the sound of small footsteps made their way into the house, only to be followed by a quiet closing and locking of the door. Bakugo listened carefully to each sound. of your coat and shoes coming off, of your gentle footsteps that made their way towards the bedroom, and when he really strained his ears your soft breathing as you slipped into your shared bedroom. he listened as you got ready for bed in the bathroom across the wall. He desperately fought the smile that sneaked into the corner of his mouth when he heard you finally slip into your side of the bed. he kept his back towards you as you scooched closer to him and it wasn't till he felt you snuggling into his warmth that he finally rolled over and looked at you. 

"Took you long enough" the exhaustion in his voice was evident, but it didn't stop you from teasing him just a smidge. 

"What? couldn't sleep without me?" you let your taunting reply be followed by a small smirk. 

Bakugo just stared at you. normally such a comment would initiate several minutes' worth of sarcastic comments and teasing banter from both parties, but at this point, Bakugo was too tired to fight. He would never admit it, but he did truly feel like he could sleep now that you were home, safe in his arms. He pulled you closer and nuzzled his face into your hair. You simply laughed, the feeling of his warm breath against your skin always causing a small tickle. 

As silence fell over the room both y/n and Katsuki felt sleep hovering over them. The warmth radiating off their bodies onto each other, the soft rhythmic beating of each other's hearts, and, the gentle and slow inhales and exhales. 

Yes, he was too stubborn to admit it, but Bakugo knew that now, he could finally fall asleep, now that he had his precious y/n back in his arms. 

809 words. Im tired. i should go sleep. this isn't what I wanted it to be, but it'll have to do. not like anyone reads this anyway hee hee. 

ugh, I need to write more than just Bakugo and Todoroki though 

~ Im out and off to dreamland (Hopefulllllyyyy)