The Date

Kamila awoke from her deep sleep, stretched and yawned then went over to her mirror. She was fixing her hair when a sudden bit of wind caught at her legs she looks down at the window. Didn't I close that?

She shuts the window more gently this time. "Maria! Kamila! Breakfast." Anita calls.

Kamila grabs her navy dressing gown And slides it over her arms, she opens the door and walks into the kitchen.

"Amanecer." Kamila says nervously, both of them had there heads turned towards her.

"How are we feeling today?" Anita asks as she pushes Amy onto a seat and gives her some breakfast.

"Bien, gracias." She replies.

Finally, Maria comes out of her room and sits next to Bernardo.

"Morning." They all say in unison, Anita came over with her frying pan for Maria's breakfast.

"I had a dream last night that we were in Puerto Rico...."

At that point Kamila drowned out Bernardo's story she really needed to decide what to do about Riff. He had promised to make it up to her but where would they go. It's probably a trap. She shuddered at the thought that if she goes with him the Jets would jump at her. Again.

".....a big rumble tonight."

"A rumble?!" Kamila shouted snapping back into the conversation.

"Yeah a final one for territory we are gonna destroy the Jets." Bernardo enthused.

Kamila's mouth hung open, she might have to reconsider Riff's invitation if she wanted to try and stop the rumble she knew Bernardo wouldn't listen to her. Someone was bound to get hurt or maybe even die! That is how you win a rumble after all.

"Disculpe." Kamila stood up in a hurry. "Kamila! Your plate." Anita reminded her.

Kamila ran back to her plate and swiftly rinsed it then placed it on the rack and dashed to her room. She had to hurry it was almost 10.

She grabbed her high waisted purple dress with a v- neck line. She put on a black cardigan on top to keep her warm.

There was a knock on her window. She hurried and drew her curtains aside, lifted her window and stepped out onto the balcony. There he stood looking up at her from the ground.

"Un segundo!" She shouts down and climbs back through the window.

"Kamila! I don't know what that means!" He called her back.

She stuck her head out the window. "It means one second."

With that she shuts her windows and goes for her favourite lipstick. She applies it neatly in her mirror and goes to the door. Her hand reaches for the handle but she pauses what excuse is she going to use.

She turns the handle and rushes out, if she gets to the door quick enough maybe they won't realise she left.

"Kamila where are you going?" Anita asks.

Kamila keeps her back towards Anita. "Um...to look for a job."

"Are you sure you want to go on your own I think it is best that I come with you." She says.

"No it's fine. Bye!" Kamila throws the door open and practically runs out.

-

She turns a corner that leads to the back of Anita's apartment and there Riff was waiting for her. A grin appeared on his face as soon as he saw her, he began to jog over and met her half way.