prologue

"the one with bringston"
ALL AMERICAN SEASON 3 EPISODE 17

ALEX FELT FREE. She didn't have to worry about life in Beverly where her parents were currently finalizing their divorce, calling off their marriage after 20 years. She didn't have to worry about that here in Atlanta at Bringston University. All Alex had to do was focus. She had to focus on the campus tour that was given to her and her friends by a Bringston student named Keisha. She was half Filipina, half Black with curly hair. Keisha's a student of Simone's aunt who works at Bringston as a professor. She was giving a tour to Simone, Olivia, Jordan, Spencer, and Alex. So far everybody was enjoying themselves. The energy Alex felt here was different than the other college campuses she's toured. With everything going back on at home, the Austin girl needed to take a breath and not worry.

Actually there was one thing to worry about though. "Just kidding. Dang it, Alex," She thought to herself and groaned internally. She did have to worry about one thing back in Beverly and it was her little brother. "Aiden blowing up your phone yet?" She checked her phone and shook her head, looking at Olivia who asked her the question.

"Not yet at least," Alex replied back. "My uncle Don is in town for a few weeks for work and to help my mom out, so he'll be fine." The look she had on her face wasn't very convincing. She tended to overthink too much.

"He'll be fine, Lex," Her other friend Simone reassured her, rubbing the her friend's shoulder. "Aiden is in good hands." Olivia and Simone gave her a reassuring smile. Alex nodded, smiling to agree with them. With her parents divorce becoming official, Raquel and Jeffery were busy with their lawyers, so the two siblings had been hanging out a lot.

"You guys made it just in time for the best part of Homecoming." Keisha mentioned as the group passed by pop up tents left and right.

"What's that?" Olivia curiously asked.

"Tonight's fashion show choreographed by moi."

All the girls nodded their heads in interest. "Oh so you're a journalism major/choreographer?" Simone asked her.

Keisha sighed almost as if she were unhappy. "Actually premed and proud captain of the undefeated Bringston Dance squad," she looked to Simone. "What are you applying here for?"

"Oh I'm not applying here. I'm just here to visit family." Simone explained to her.

"More like hiding from family," Olivia half-joked which made Alex snort. "Simone's mom is like a lot." Said girl gave Olivia the 'shut up' look.

The college sophomore chuckled. "What about you, Alex? What school do you want to go to?

"I was thinking about going to USC to study film." Alex answered. USC was known for their film school.

"Lex is a great filmmaker. She even has a short film that won an award." Olivia commented, nudging Alex on her side.

"Actually it won two awards. Just saying." Alex said casually shrugging her shoulders, like it was nothing. She was very proud of those two films that won awards.

The girls cheered for her. "Okay, miss girl, I see you."

"Yo, is everyone from Atlanta here this weekend?" Olivia asked surprised by the amount of people on the Bringston Campus.

"Yeah, this is crazy in the greatest way possible." Alex added.

"Girl, HBCUs are hot right now. Especially with 3 of our grads out here saving the country from itself." Keisha told them.