Chapter 16: A Twisted Up Gabe

Dom's Bar was packed with college students all ready to get plastered tonight. As soon as I walked in, I was welcomed with moving bodies bumping into me without a sorry. I looked by the bar to see if there was anyone by themselves. No one. Everyone seemed to know one another, talking to each other. 

Dom's was a big place. Once I was done looking around the front area, I went to the back with the Jukebox and pool table. A few people sat back there, making out with each other. I cringed. PDA was never my favorite. In fact, it made me uncomfortable. 

"Tori?" I heard someone behind me say.

It was a very drunk Emily.

"Oh God," I said. "What are you doing here?" I looked her up and down. She was wearing my good black pants and my Slipknot band T-shirt. I could see she got into my bathroom and makeup box. She wore eyeliner that was messy because of her sweating. Her hair was wild and uncombed but fit with her clothes, style, and the environment. "Why are you wearing my clothes?"

"At least I showered," she poked at me before walking to a table and placing her empty cup. A few guys checked her out but she paid them no mind. She gestured me to sit down across from the guys.

"Emily, what are we doing here?" I asked, more annoyed than ever. "This is dangerous? We don't have time to play around."

She looked at me. At any moment I thought she'd just crash right in front of me. I held her by her shoulders and looked into her eyes. "I'm taking you home."

Emily shook her head. "No, no." She slurred. "They won't find us here."

The music started to get louder and so did the people. It was becoming harder to hear. I felt so stressed out and just wanted to get out of there. Emily laid back against the couch and looked up at the ceiling. Some random girl came up to us. I was surprised because she was so well kept with her appearance and here we were looking like sweaty bums. She handed me a small glass cup with clear liquor inside. "Tori, right?"

I stared at the shot glass as I took it. "Yeah...sorry, do I know you?"

"We're in the same film two class. I sit behind you."

"Oh! Lucerio? Yeah, hey!"

As I started to make room for her, Emily quickly went off to the Jukebox. "I'm picking a song!" She swayed away. I was so worried about her.

Lucerio took a seat next to me and sighed. "This is my first time at a bar," she smiled. "I feel so overdressed for this place."

I just smiled at her, not wanting to admit that she was way to dressed up for this dingy place. Her hair was curled, makeup done to perfection, and she wore a nice yellow dress that reminded me of Spring. She smelled like expensive perfume and I was trying hard not to sniff the scent too loud.

"What about you?" She snapped me out of my thoughts. "First time here?"

I smiled. "Not my first rodeo."

"Nice!" She said. "Would you like to grab a real drink? I'm sorry I bombarded you with a Tequila shot."

"No thank you," I declined sadly. "I have to get my friend home."

Emily drunkingly leaned on me and pointed to the girl. "This girl saved my life," she slurred as she began to get louder and louder. "Hey everyone!"

My heart stopped when she yelled for everyone's attention. I could feel myself slowly freezing with anxiety as other students stopped to look at me. 

Oh my God. Oh my God.

I kept thinking to myself. She can't be serious.

I tried to get her hand but she broke away and walked backwards towards the middle of the dance floor. With eyes on me, she pointed right at me. "Tori saved my life. Let's give a hand for Tori."

To my surprise but not completely, everyone clapped but they were confused. I was so embarrassed and I didn't know where to look. I walked up to Emily, feeling like and angry parent with an out of control daughter. "Emily, you're ridiculous." 

The students went back to partying while Emily and I were now face to face. Almost nose to nose. "Why are you doing this?" I asked as low as possible. 

Before she could answer, all the lights in each section of the bar went off until the place was completely black. 

Pitch black.

At first silence filled the air and then the students were asking what happened. People were laughing. Some were genuinely afraid.

I felt someone take my hand. 

"Emily?" I asked.

Nothing.

"Emily...are you holding my hand?"

"Sure."

The voice I heard wasn't Emilys. In fact, it was a heavy distorted male voice. I tried to get the hand off me but the grift around it was tighter. Harsher. I let out a yelp then a scream. Suddenly everyone started screaming and running out of the door. A little bit of light crept into the bar each time a student would run out. Whenever the light poured in, I saw someone tall standing behind Emily. Completely dark. One was a tall figured and then a small figure right next to her. As if Emily was possessed, she stood there stunned looking at something I couldn't see. I looked behind me but saw nothing.

The two figures merged together creating one big shadow that formed into some sort of beast. It had eyes...without the eyes. Just two deep sockets I could see. 

"Emily..." I could only whimper. I tried walking towards her slowly but my body felt paralyzed. Someone grabbed my hand again. This time it was Violet, peering as a ghostly figure.

"Push, Tori! Keep walking. You have to get her. Find your strength!"

Her ghost disappeared. I tried walking towards her but I was so weak. "Emily!" I said again. "Fight back, Emily!"

I saw Violet appear again. "Caleb's in trouble," I heard her tell Emily.

The room was dark again and all the students were gone.

It was just us.

"Where is my book?" A dark and booming voice said sternly. "And the ring."

"No!" I heard Emily say.

She grabbed my arm. "Come on!" She said and we ran out of the bar. When we got outside, I realized something wet was on my face. I wiped it. Red liquid was on my face and Emily's too. "Blood? Is this b-"

Emily pointed up by the bar. As a mattered of fact, everyone was pointing at the sign above the bar. Right under Dom's, a distorted and twisted body wrapped. The face stuck out as clear as day. My heart dropped. "No. No way. No." I could only say over and over. I broke down. I broke down bad. "No! No! Gabe! Gabe!"

Gabe...