Chapter 9: Just the Beginning

Gave was speeding down the empty road. Lucky enough there were no cops anywhere or else for sure we would have been stopped. I kept looking back to make sure no one was following us while Mickiyah tried her best to calm Olivia down. The poor girl couldn't stop crying. She said her elbow felt it was on fire despite there not being that much blood. She was holding it, and complaining of it being painful.

"Hey, you have to slow down," I looked at Gave who had his eyes glued on the road, as he should've. He was shaking too.

"What the hell happened? What was that out there with you guys?" He asked. "I saw that...thing behind the fountain."

"What?" Olivia looked at him. I turned to face her from the first seat.

"It's going to be okay," I put my hand on her thigh. "I'm not sure what we saw. Could've been a person-"

"The fucking Ouija Board went crazy, Tori!" She yelled back at me. "That was insane. Are we going to ignore what happened?" She turned to Mickiyah, snatching her arm from her. "It said your name."

Me and Olivia were now looking at Mickiyah pretty intensely. Olivia scooted over towards the window still holding her elbow. "That board spelled out your name. Why-why'd you bring us here?"

Gave began driving normally now. I could tell he was pretty tense. I patted his shoulder and whispered that everything was going to be fine. He was sweating and blinking more than his norm. "Hey?" I said to him. "Do you want me to drive?"

He let out a breathy laugh that was more fake than anything. "I got it. I'm sorry. I'm just-freaked out. I saw something too." He said. "I saw something, right?"

"Come on," Mickiyah spoke out. "It was probably some kid or-"

"Mickiyah, please," I shook my head. Now wasn't the time to doubt what we all saw. "This wasn't the best idea."

"You pushed it!" She shouted at me. "We're not going to pin this on me. I didn't know this would happen!"

Olivia looked out her window. "It was still scary," she said in a low trembling voice.

All of us went silent until we entered our town again. We agreed to get Olivia home first. Once we were in front of her home, Gave and I walked her to her front door where she stopped us and looked at us with fear in her eyes. "Something's not right with Mickiyah. The board spelled her name and it was warning us about something..." she paused and looked dead into my eyes. "I don't believe in ghost. I don't. But something was there with us and it was warning us about something. Be careful with Mickiyah."

As soon as she said that, I looked over towards the car where I saw Mickiyah get in the front and started up the car. She stuck her head out the window. "Let's go. I gotta get back home." She yelled.

Gave and I said our goodbyes to Olivia and wished her well. The two of us nervously walked back to the car, giving each other looks of despair. "This is insane," Gave whispered before getting inside his car.

***

After dropping Gave off, that left Mickiyah and I alone in the car. We didn't say much to each other until she pulled in front of my place. She stopped the car without saying anything.

"Do you not want to talk about it?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "Hey, I didn't expect any of this."

I put my hand on her for reassurance that I meant no harm. "That was scary for all of us but I have to ask, why exactly did you want to do this and who did we contact? Who is Helena?"

Mickiyah sighed. "This is going to sound crazy," she started. "I don't know who Helena is but I've been having dreams about her. I never saw her. She pops up in my dreams as a light. Why she is warning us, I really don't know, Tori. I should've mentioned her but I didn't think it was a big deal. My dreams have been weird lately." She began crying. "I didn't think this would happen. I just wanted to get answers from Emily and who knows what we unleashed. I'm so scared."

She began crying. I unbuckled my seatbelt and hugged her, telling her it would be okay. She pulled back and looked at me. "We have to go back," she said.

"What?" I nearly shouted.

"Please," she begged me. "We have to say goodbye."

"At the same place?!"

She nodded. "It's the only way to keep in what we may have let go."

"That's insane. We can't go back there," I said.

Mickiyah began crying again. "What if someone gets hurt! Tori, we have-"

"Fine. Fine," I said. "Can we do it today? The sooner we get this over with the better for my anxiety."

She wiped her eyes and started up the car. "Let's finish what we started."

She said that but something in my mind screamed that this was just the very beginning...