Chapter 8: Helena's Warning

Gave blasted some EDM music that was not putting me in the mood for this trip. Him and Olivia bobbed their heads to the loud music while me and Mickiyah read stories about Emily and the Harmons.

"I'm so excited," Mickiyah looked out the window. We were getting far from the city and closer into the country side where we saw nothing but tall grass and weeds. Birds flying freely around desperately looking for water or food. Nobody really lived out here. It was empty and quiet.

"What's that gray looking house over there," Gave asked.

All of us looked ahead where we saw an old gray dusty looking house behind some grass. It was definitely abandoned.

"Is...that the mansion?" Olivia asked.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. I think it was also property of the Harmons."

"Really?" Mickiyah beamed. "Should we go there instead."

"No."Gave and Olivia said at the same time. She looked back at us. "Let's stick to mansion area, okay? We don't know who might be living in there." Olivia said.

Mickiyah agreed. There was no argument there. Not even I wanted to go to the abandoned house. Besides, it's looked so dark and creepy. I was almost sure there were ghost living inside.

Gave began turning. I heard the hard gravel underneath the car. It was a bumpy ride towards the location. Looking ahead, I began seeing the ruins and furniture that was sprawled out here and there. We passed by some old couches and chairs followed by collections of old dolls and paintings that didn't stand a chance in the fires. However, we saw the frames. There was a free area of space where we parked the car.

"This is it!" Mickiyah jumped out the car once it stopped. I took my precious time. I really wasn't in a rush to contact ghost but more curious to see what could happened. The whole time we were here, I just kept thinking about my mother.

Once we were out of the car, all four of took to ourselves to adventure around a bit. I was so intrigued by the ruins-knowing once Emily walked around here. The Harmon's beautiful garden was now dead flowers and broken flower pots everywhere. There was a huge fountain fallen over with bird nest on top. Large concrete spreaded out all around and broken bricks decorated the ground. There was no first floor or second or third floor. Everything was on the ground, burnt or barely touched. I picked up one of the old glass dolls. "Mrs. Harmon had terrible taste." I shook my head.

"Stop," Gave turned around and slapped it out of my hand. "She'll hear you."

"And do what?" I asked.

"I don't know?" He kicked at a piece of glass. "I already have goosebumps all over. Think I'm going to wait in the car."

Olivia faced us. "Seriously man?"

"Yes!" Gabe now looked concerned. "I trust my gut feeling and something doesn't feel right about this place so if you guys would hurry up and do what you came to do, I'd appreciate it so we can leave sooner."

Mickiyah rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. "Fine, let's do it." She cleared a spot on the ground and told us two to sit down beside her. She carefully took the Ouija Board out of her bag and placed it on the ground. It was black with gold letters and numbers. She pulled out the heart shaped looking object that we would use to place our finger on. The planchette.

"The rules are simple," Mickiyah began. "You have to be open to contacting the other side. You can't have any doubts. Once our fingers are on the planchette, we can't take them off under any circumstances unless we say goodbye first. You can ask yes or no questions."