Chapter 1: Out of the nursery

StormClan

|Nightkit|

|Nightkit|

Speckled light danced through the branches and bristly leaves right into a black furred kit's green eyes as she woke.Frustrated,she tightened her forest-green eyes shut,wanting to savor a few more moments of ease.The spots of sunlight glistened on her black pelt, making the white and orange flecks scattered across her tail,back and head stand out.

Thunder rolled far off but only a soft sweet breeze swept the foliage gently,she figured if a storm was traveling this way it would be nothing to worry about and it definitely wouldn't interfere with her naming ceremony.

Clenching her paws and tensing her shoulders she stretched her back.She now noticed a few leaves that had stuck to her pelt in sleep falling off.Before stepping out of the nursery into the full morning light her jaw opened in a wide yawn and she got a better smell of the light morning air.

The rustling of moss and crunched leaves caught the dark she-kit's attention,having just woken she hadn't thought to see who of her den-mates were still in the nursery.An off-white she-kit with dark gold colored patches and paws swayed her forelegs  in her deep sleep,she never rested quietly.
The dark she-kit smirked,amused by her pale sisters flaying movements

-If she kicks Blaze'Paw in the apprentice den in her sleep then it's over for her-
The dark she-kit thought to herself lightheartedly but she knew deep down that she would defend her sister at any cost,even against their old nursery mate Blaze'Paw,who was made an apprentice barely a moon ago.

He was always large and thick furred,he knew he held an advantage over his playmates as kits but he was gentle and kind though after his naming ceremony he was different.He grew to be competitive and snappy,using his size and strength to his advantage to pick on the other apprentices and sometimes kits.
The dark she-kit chose to put aside thoughts about the snappy tom and made her way out of the nursery.

Taking in the sight of her clan-mates going about their ways,she realized how much smaller everything looked since she was finally around six moons old and too big to stay in the nursery without crowding things for queens and their kits any longer,even with her somewhat shorter height. She truly felt ready to leave the nursery,to start her long days of training as a warrior.Glancing around the camp,she saw many cats were still slow moving and enjoying the warm sunlight.

-There's no way Goldenkit didn't stay up late into the night thinking about the ceremony today with how long she's been asleep now-
She thought about her resting sister still in the nursery,wondering if she should go wake her.

Ducking her head to dodge a falling leaf as she turned herself around back into the nursery that was made beneath a dense blackberry bush with stones set along the edges,dirt was long ago piled over the stones and since then grass grew over them and the dirt firmed,becoming an extra barrier from the elements.