Code of The Clans

1.All clans to the best of their ability should keep at least three, or more fully trained medicine cats.

2.Other than Medicine Cats,Messengers and their apprentices accompanying them,no cats shall trespass, hunt, or gather in another clan's territory without that clan's permission.

3.Prey is meant only to be eaten. A moment of silence is to be given before prey is eaten,and when it is killed.

4.Kits must be at least 6 moons old before beginning an apprenticeship.

5.New apprentices will spend a night of vigil at the Wanderer's Pool with a full Warrior,Medicine Cat or Messenger to watch over them and this will repeat once their training is completed

6.A cat may not be promoted to deputy until they have completed at least one mentorship with an apprentice.

7.Daily relaying of information and news between clans are to be delivered by Messengers.If a day has gone by with no word from another clan,then messengers are to be sent to ensure their safety and attain the news of that clan.

8.In times of plenty and when all clan leaders agree it is needed,celebrations and communions are to be held for all clan cats to take part in together.

9.A council of all clans is to be held once a moon at minimum. The days,or nights of these gatherings are a truce.This truce applies to celebrations,and communions.

10.Borders are to be patrolled and marked daily with trespassers questioned and chased out, or escorted.

11.A clan cat should scorn,and reject a life of laziness and contempt.

12.Each clan may hold to their own path,customs, and pride but when all the clans are threatened by any greater force,differences must be put aside for the survival of all the clans.

13.Defend your home and your clan, but don't forget that others suffer just as you do and are equally deserving of the land's gifts.

14.In battle,killing a cat is only justified when it is done in self defense, unless the opponent does not restrict themselves to the code.

15.All kits are to be cared for and protected regardless of birthplace.

16.For any cat to be removed from their rank, or demoted, a trial for them must be held within their clan to vote on what decision should be made.

17.Deputies will step up immediately if the absence of a leader occurs from death, exile, or retirement.

18.When appointing a new deputy, an emergency council meeting will be called to witness the decision as soon as possible. If the council meeting cannot commence immediately, a senior warrior will fill the role until a deputy is officially appointed.

19.For a messenger to be allowed, or escorted through another clan's territory, they must be wearing an identifying wreath from their clan.If they do not have this wreath, they may be treated as a trespasser.

20.Any cat can choose to move clans as early as after their apprenticeship ceremony is completed.

21.A leader holding to their rank far into their senior years may be retired by a clan vote. If a leader is ill-meaning, neglects the needs of their clan, or puts their clan in danger for no true reason, a trial may be held with witnesses from all clans with a possibility of exile as a punishment

22.Elders, queens, sick or injured cats and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors.Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders