Chapter 3:

The flames continue to grow around me and as I open my eyes and wipe my tears, I saw the fire.

No.

I stand up and see the figures around me. But I didn't see the riders. I was having a flashback, back to a moment in my life that I'd rather forget.

The flashback I remembered was more detailed, just like I was right there, 14 years ago.

I was in my family's cave in the middle of the ocean on a tall stone. I was playing with my brother, he kept trying to blow fire at him and I kept tapping him on his nose.

Then I heard vikings shouting, I didn't think much of it at first but the it got louder. My mother came in and explained that we had to leave. I didn't understand but I obeyed and exited the cave with my brother closely behind me.

My farther was roaring loudly at the vikings below him. I looked at the ocean and then at the sky, it started to rain.

I looked back in my father's direction and saw vikings trying to behead him.

I froze

I stood and froze, staring at the large viking trying to kill my father. I heard my mother's roar and quickly looked in her direction.

The vikings got to her too

I ran to her

I rhaught I could help her, but she pushed me off the edge with her tail in order to save me. As I was falling I realized my brother wasn't in sight. I morphed into my human form as I hit the water. I sunk slowly into the water. I closed my eyes hoping if I did so it would all go away.

It didn't though

I swam to the surface of the water. I don't know how long I was there, but eventually I arrived at an island. I felt the sand under my cold body. I opened my eyes.

I was alive.

Barely.