Chapter 10 -Other plans-

Sorry about the absence of chapters but since season two can out I have been struggling to write. Now here it is, days away from pt. 2 of season 2. BUT! I'll MAKE IT UP I SWEAR.
—————————————————
I walked outside and sat with my back against a tree. I put the book and wood aside and look out to the the cliff in front of me.
Things really haven't changed here. I really was happy to be back.
~•~•~•~•~•~Chapter 10~•~•~•~•~•~
I woke up to the sound of a thumping against the ground, too loud to be the shuffling of feet. I look up to the sky and then my phone in my pocket only to realize that I had slept for almost an hour. I stand up with a groan and look around me to see what is making that noise to find Hooty a couple of yards away smashing his head into the ground... repeatedly.
"Uh... Hooty? What are you doing?", I ask.
"Trying to get this bug, duh" he said with his nightmare of a voice.
I was confused cause there was no bug, that was until I move closer. Still he continued to repeatedly peck and the hole in the ground the size of a tennis ball. Not having the entertainment, considering I just woke up, I rolled my eyes, gathered my things, and began my walk to inside of the house. Once I finally walked up stairs to my unofficial room, I set my drawing pad and then pen on my desk while my palismen wood I placed on my sleeping bag. For a few minutes I sat there, staring at the possibilities of a palismen. But something bothered me, if I couldn't pick one to carve all those years ago how could I possibly pick now. And what if I made a bad decision or did a poor job carving? But even worse... what if it didn't work?
-ring-
I'm suddenly brought back to reality when the crystal ball sitting over by the window sill begins to ring. I tilted my head curious why someone would call me right now. I answer my question as I tap the ball only to be surprised by Willow's desperate voice.
"LUZ! ITS URGENT!"
"Woah, calm down Willow. What's the matter?"
" I CANT FIND MY PALISMAN!", she said practically sobbing.
That's when I noticed the person sitting next to Willow patting her shoulder.
"Hey Luz", Amity said then turning to comfort her.
Willow had mentioned that Amity had actually made an effort to become friends again since I left and actually have been spending a lot of time together.
Then Amity looked towards me again." My palisman, Ghost, is missing too. And we called Boscha and her palisman is missing."
"That's a lot of missing palisman at one time" I mention, tilting my head to the side a bit thinking about the weird phenomenon...
"Boscha is on her way to Willow's right now, we could use your help", Amity suggested.
I got up from my kneeling position and put my hands on my hips, "I'm on my way."
"Please hurry! Willow is worried sick!" And with that they hung up.
I grabbed my bag, ran to my door way looking back once more at the short blue log and promised my self that I would think of some ideas."
—————————————————
As soon as I arrived at Willow's house, I saw Willow pacing back and forth murmuring to herself. Then Amity turned to me and gave me a light smile.
"Glad you could make it"
" It's not problem, really. Now, does anyone have any idea we're they could have gone?"
"I don't think they were taken, they probably just wondered off." I heard Boscha spoke, surprising me a bit as I didn't notice she was there.
Amity gave it some thought," We can cross our houses off the list pretty safely I think." She thought some more muttering under her breath. " let's check some of their favorite places", she said snapping her finger. "Ghost just adores this spider's yarn store, she might be their?
"I think that could work. What are your palisman's favorite places?" I suggested to Boscha and Willow.
"The flower shop", Willow mumbled.
"Boscha to a second to think", hmmm, maybe a bakery?"
"Then that's where we'll look" I said enthusiastically.

First we went to The main flower shop since it was the closet and we automatically thought that 3 palismen couldn't get very far. We asked the owner if she had seen a yellow flying palismen around but unfortunately there was no bee to be seen. But she did say that she saw a couple of palismen with no owner go past her store, pointing towards Crochet Craft. Which happened to be a place on our list.
We said our thanks and goodbyes and headed to the next store we only took 5 minutes. It was small building with peeling dirty blue paint and a magenta painted sign with "Crochet Craft" in white half cursive written on it. As we opened the door we heard the ding of a bell then a older lady call out good afternoon. Again, we asked her if she had seen a palismen with blue eyes and white fur, specifically a cat probably batting at a ball of spider's yarn. Still no sight of any palismen but a customer had asked the lady if the palismen outside we Hers.
Now we could pretty much guess that the palismen were all together which brought Willow's nerves down. That being, we headed towards the next store which was Caliea's Cakes that was a bit further than the other stores were. When we arrived I asked the employee working behind the register if she had seen any palismen.
Before we could say anymore, she interrupted, "hmm, crabby one with weird eyes and pinched a man's ankle? Maybe a bee with a rather pointy nose terrifying children?" She said as she pointed to a mom comforting a 2 year old kid. " Or maybe a white cat WHO BIT OUT A PIECE OF A CAKE AND STOLE A LOAF OF BREAD."
She looked at us quite intensely as she whisper yelled the last bit, her eye twitching a little. She took a second to analyze our reactions and took a deep breath.
"Sorry about that," as she holds her head with her hand." You missed them like 10 maybe 15 minutes ago."
We told her our thanks while Boscha gave the lady a dirty look for yelling. Wondering what to do next we walk out side the store when Willow's scroll began to scream. We all jumped a little then leaned in to look at it. It was Gus, doing what us on the human realm called FaceTiming. Immediately Willow answered but before she could say and greetings, Gus interrupted.
     "You don't by chance be missing a palismen or 3. Do you?"
    "Wait, WHAT?", Willow gasped almost angry.
     " Hopefully you near because you might as well just come to my house."
    " you got it" she said then hanging up. "Come on guys, we have a couple of palismen to talk to.
——————Time skip——-————
     I have never truly walked to Gus' house before since I usually borrowed Owlbert from Eda. Surprisingly, it was a very short walk to his house but it may have just been where we started.
     I jumped out of my skin a bit when Willow had swung the door open and when I looked to Amity then Boscha they didn't seem phased at all. Either they didn't care, knew this was more on the spectrum of normal, or knew not to intervene. Either way, I wouldn't dare ask about it. Secretly, new Willow scared me a bits
     Anyways when we walked into Gus' house, we saw siting on the floor with his back against a chair, watching  4 little palismen playing in their own unique ways. Willow took no more time waiting to grab her bee, giving a death hug, Boscha and Amity doing similar, less aggressive, hugs.
     Gus cleared his throat," I was upstairs in my room a while ago when I noticed that it was rather quiet. Too quiet if you will", he said, putting his elbow on his knee, resting his chin on his hand. " Obviously, knowing mr. Trouble maker, I went to go check and found some unexpected guess. That's when I called you."
     "Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you!", she smiled then directing her attention back to the palismen. " Do not EVER do that again!"
————mini time skip again————
     We said our goodbyes to Gus and Willow and Boscha fell their own way with their palismen back while I still had to walk back. I started on my way when Amity pulled up beside me on her staff.
     "Hey Luz, need a ride?" She asked with a polite smile on her face.
     "Oh no, you don't have to. I can walk." I giggled nervously because I didn't expect her to pull up behind me like that.
     "No really, it's no problem. I'd hate for you to walk. It's just not fair", she offered again.
    "Are you sure it won't bother you?"
     "Not at all!" she smiled patting at the space behind her. "Come,on."
I get on the staff right behinds her and as she begins to raise more off the ground I instinctively wrap my arms around her, a small yelp coming out of my mouth.
     "Sorry" I heard her hiss.
For the longer I held on, the warmer she got. It could have just been my face but I could have sworn that she was on the warmer side. Still, I didn't let go until she arrived at the owl house, secretly on purpose because I liked it. She waved goodbye quickly and disappeared in a click of a heart beat, I believe cheeks red.
I tried to brush it off (failing) and walked in side. Eda had asked me a few questions like were I went, and things I did and I told her a quick summary. She gave a small chuckle and told me that it sounded like I had quite the day and it was only a hour after 12. Still my feet aches and I was rather tired so I went up to my room an fell asleep. Thoughts of Amity and her reaction floating around in my head.
——————————
THANK YOU SO MUCH WITH BEING PATIENT WITH ME! I appreciate you all so much!
Real quick I will tell you of a few changes that will happen.
1. Hopefully more chapters cause I FINALLY GOT IDEAS
2. Deleting authors nots
3. Chapter for credits and chapter for some art (if you got any fan art you drew and want it posted send it in some way
That's all really. And I ask you check my profile cause I will link my Instagram there where there will be new art hopefully and can dm stuff :D
HAVE A GOOD DAY!
- SnowyHills