Chapter 4

Bryce's POV

I was awake and talking to my dad, when we heard a knock on the door, "Hey Bryce, there is someone I wanted to introduce you to, this is Paramedic Andrew Saltillo, he wanted to stop by and talk to you." I nodded, my dad got up and went out of the room to find my mom, Dr. Johnson nodded and left the room himself. "Hi Bryce, I just wanted to come check on you, make sure you were okay." I nodded, "I'm fine, thank you. Were you at the wreck?" He nodded, "I was. I was that resuscitated you. How are you feeling?" I nodded, "I'm okay, a little sore, but I'm fine... I barely remember anything." I sat up and crossed my legs, I seen him nod, "That's to be expected. I just wanted to check up on you... You know, you're the first teenager I've done CPR on and you honestly scared me. But I'm glad that you're okay." I smiled, "Thanks. And thank you for saving me... I guess I scared everybody. Did I wake up at all?" He nodded, and smiled softly. "Yes, after we got a pulse you opened your eyes for a second and then closed them again, I didn't know what the cause was, until the other paramedic said that you had internal brain bleeding. After we got you stable, you woke up and asked me what happened. I didn't tell you because I didn't wanna scare you, and I knew you probably wouldn't have remembered, we gave you Anastasia to get you to fall asleep again, then here, they sedated you." I nodded, "You were right, I don't remember, the last thing I remember was feeling the car hit the concrete barrier. My dad told me that I flatlined... Am I gonna be okay?" He pursed his lips, "I can't say, you'll be one of two ways. You'll either be happy that you're here or you won't... But just remember, having this second chance at life is wonderful. There might times that you're going to question why this happened to you or why you're still here, but focus on the positive. You're here and alive, you can still live your life and spend time with the people you love. Don't waste your time on the why's okay? Focus on your positives." I felt a fews tears run down my cheeks, as I nodded. I reached my arms out and he smiled, giving me a small hug, "Thank you!" He nodded, pulling away. "Of course! Get better okay!" I nodded as he walked out the door.

I felt better after him talking to me, because after I started to become more aware, I did focus on the why's. Why I was still alive, why I didn't just die in the wreck, why I got a second chance. I appreciated that he talked to me. I didn't even know I was the first teenager he gave CPR to, it made me wonder how he felt during it, the panic of what could happen to a kid he didn't even know.

Two Days Later

I was finally discharged from the hospital and was back home with the boys, I was in my bedroom filming a tiktok to the song Streets x Blood Sweat & Tears when I seen in my mirror Jacob behind me, "Come on, get in." He shook his head while watching me make the tiktok. I seen him in the mirror watching my hands as I ran them across my stomach. I blushed slightly and finished the video. I went and grabbed my phone, I looked back at him and smiled, "What's up?" He shrugged and walked over to me as I edited the video, "I just wanted to know if you wanted to watch a movie?" I smiled and nodded.

Since the hospital, things have been a little awkward between us and I didn't know why. I went into his room and we laid down on his bed, watching the movie. "What's going on?" He glanced over at me, "What do you mean?" I sat up on my arm, looking at my hand, playing with my fingers. I shrugged, "I don't know since the hospital, you've been kind of quiet around me." He sighed and sat up. "I almost said something that I probably shouldn't have said." I was confused. "Which is?" He turned and looked at me. "I love you." I laughed, "That's it? I love you too." Then he turned and looked away. "Not like that. I mean... I love you, I... I like you, like a lot and after the wreck it made me realize it even more."

I watched him for a second, not knowing what to say. But I did know what I wanted to say, and I did. "Jacob, I like you too. I have for a while... I started to realize it after my breakup, but I didn't think you felt the same way, so I kept it to myself. You're my best friend and I didn't wanna ruin that." He turned and smiled at me. "You really mean that?" I smiled, blushing and nodded "Yeah, I do." I don't know who started to lean in first, but suddenly I felt his lips on mine. I smiled against his lips as he kissed me deeply. I melted into the kiss, as he fully turned towards me and kissed me deeper. I moaned against his lips, feeling his tongue drag against my bottom lip. I felt myself starting to fall back down on the bed, he moved in between my legs as we made out, the movie long forgotten. I moaned against his lips again, soon he pulled away and started kissing his way down to my neck.

I tilted my head back, giving him more access to my neck, I felt him starting to suck on my pulse point, I groaned as pleasure shot through my body. "Jacob..." I moaned out, letting my eyes fall shut to the pleasure. He ran his hands down my sides and under my shirt. His hands were cold, but the gentle touch across my bare skin and stomach felt amazing. I sighed as he came back up to my lips, pulling me into another kiss. I moaned against his lips, I felt him smile into the kiss as he tugged my shirt up a little. "Mmmmm." I felt him slide his tongue in my mouth, as our tongues fought for dominance. He trailed his hands down my sides, resting at my hips. I gripped his shoulders as we made out, soon he started kissing his way down my chest, stopping to suck on my nipples a little, then made his way slowly down my stomach to the waistband of my jeans. I watched as he looked up at me "Is this okay?" I nodded and he slowly and teasingly pulled my jeans and underwear off, pulling my length out. He stroked me a few times, before sucking on my head, sliding his mouth down slowly. I moaned and closed my eyes again.

He started to pick up his pace, I threw my head back, sliding my hand in his hair, moaning at the feeling. "Mmmm yes." He continued sucking me off, I felt pleasure rush through my body as he sucked me faster. I didn't think I was going to last, until suddenly he pulled off. "Why'd you stop?" He smiled at me and took his shirt off, along with his jeans and underwear. He laid back down in between my legs, kissing my lips. "Because I can do better, if you want me to." I looked at him, shocked for minute, before nodding. "I want you" he smiled at me. "Good." I pulled my shirt off, and watched him. He smiled at me and ran his hand down my body. I smiled and watched him, after a few minutes of him teasing, he guided himself inside me. I threw my head back, closing my eyes. "Mmmmm Jacob." He smiled and stopped once he was fully in. He looked at me and waited for me to adjust. I nodded after a minute and he started a slow pace, I moaned at the feeling, I felt pleasure run through my body the faster he went. "Are you okay?" I nodded, smiling. "Ahhh" he smiled at me and thrusted harder, after a few minutes I felt myself getting close, he moaned and came inside me, I moaned loudly, cumming myself. I heard him breathing heavy as he laid down on me. "Jacob?" I heard him hum, "That felt... so good!" He pulled up on his elbows to look at me and smiled. "I'm glad it did." I smiled and we laid there resting for a few minutes.

After a few minutes of catching our breath, he slowly pulled out and laid down beside me. He looked over at me smiling and kissed me, I kissing him back. "Bryce I'm sorry about the wreck." I grimaced, "I know, but we're fine. I'm okay." He nodded and soon we fell asleep.

Jacob's POV
The Next Day

I was walking into the kitchen when I heard Bryce talking, we were the only one's awake, I leaned against the wall, listening in on the conversation, I knew I probably shouldn't, but he sounded upset. "Yeah, I'm okay. I was fine yesterday and now today, I don't know..." "I don't know, I just feel kind of numb? I know that I shouldn't because I'm alive, but I wished that I wasn't feeling this..." "Dad why? I'm fine... But why would I need to go to therapy?" "I know." "No I haven't said anything to anyone, just you. I don't wanna say anything to anyone, especially Jacob, he's already struggling with the thought that the wreck was he fault and that he blames himself." "I'm okay, I just feel like I shouldn't be here... that I should have just died in that wreck" That part crushed me, why would he think that? Why wouldn't he say anything to me? "I know, sorry I didn't mean it like that, maybe your right... Maybe I should go to therapy and talk about this, but I don't wanna go alone..." "Will you? Please?" "I love you too dad, bye."

I heard him groaned, I peaked around the corner and seen him bury his face in arms on the counter. I waited a few minutes, then walked into the kitchen. "Morning!" He jumped a little and turned back to look at me. He mumbled morning and then rested his head on his hand. "You okay?" He looked at me and nodded. I watched him for a second, "No, I'm not. But I don't wanna worry you." I walked over and sat down beside him, "Then worry me. Talk to me Bryce." He sighed, "I don't know I just feel... Weird. I guess I started thinking about the why's. Why I'm still here? Why I got a second chance? Jacob why?" "I don't know, but I'm glad you're still here. You're my best friend and I don't know what I would do without you." He smiled, as a tear ran down his face. "The paramedic that resuscitated me talked to me the day before I was discharged, I guess I should honestly listen to him."

"What did he tell you?" "That I should focus on my happiness and the positives and not dwell on the why's. Maybe he's right. I should focus on the positive's and I like you a lot." I smiled wide, "I like you too." He smiled at me, I leaned over and pecked his lips. He smiled and pulled me back into another kiss, this one lasting a few minutes longer. "You gonna be okay?" I seen him shrug, "My dad said I should try therapy, talk about how I'm feeling from the wreck." I nodded, "I know you probably don't want to, but it's a good idea." He nodded and looked over at me, "Thanks Jacob." I smiled, "You're welcome."