XVII.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
[ sudden chaos ]

The next day, they start moving the cars in

The next day, they start moving the cars in. Carol pulls the last one in, and Rick says, "Alright, let's get the other cars in. We'll park 'em in the west entry of the yard."

"Good," Daryl replies. "Our vehicles camped out there look like a giant 'vacancy' sign."

"After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn them."

"It's gonna be a long day," T-Dog comments. Yes, it is, Misty thinks. Again.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie?" Carol asks once she gets out of the car. "We could use some help."

"Up in the guard tower," Daryl answers.

"Guard tower?" Rick says. "They were just up there last night."

Misty chuckles, thinking she knows the exact reason why they're up there. "Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl hollers up to them.

Glenn stumbles out of the door at the top of the tower, no shirt and buttoning his jeans. Just as she'd suspected. "Hey! What's up guys?"

"You comin'?" Daryl asks, as he and all the rest of them chuckle, trying and failing to contain themselves.

"What?" They laugh even harder.

"You comin'?" He repeats. "C'mon, we could use a hand!"

"Yeah, we'll be right down!" He goes back inside, and the others go back to the cars, still laughing.

Until T-Dog sees something. "Hey Rick."

Rick stops laughing when he sees the prisoners, the two that are left: Oscar and Axel. Rick starts toward them, the others following. "That's close enough! We had an agreement."

Axel starts talking right as Glenn and Maggie join them. "Please, mister. We know that, we made a deal. But you gotta understand. We can't live in that place another minute, you follow me? All the bodies, people we knew. Blood, brains everywhere. There's ghosts."

"Why don't you move the bodies out?" Daryl asks.

"You should be burning them," T-Dog tells them.

"We tried, we did," Axel says.

Oscar elaborates. "The fence is down on the far side of the prison. Every time we drag a body out, those things just line up. So hump in a body and just running back inside."