Chapter 12: The Prince

Katie gritted her teeth, stepping back from the stranger. "Well obviously you know who I am. You're the one that called me here."

The man scuffed. "You? You think I was calling you? You come sauntering in here acting like you own the place, dare to pretend you don't know who I am and then act like I would want to invite you here?!"

"Believe me. I have no idea who the fuck you are," Katie bit back through her teeth, thoroughly confused by his statement.

The man looked like he was ready to retort but then paused his eyes softening. "You're telling the truth."

"Yes."

"Who are you?"

Katie paused. "Katie Smith."

The man chuckled. "No, you're not." His eyes flashed gold as his mood grew dark. "Tell me your name."

"No."

This made the man flinch. "Why didn't that work?"

Katie raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Aren't you a Time Lord? That always works on Time Lords."

"I'm not."

"Then what are you!"

"I'm the bloody Princess mate. Now who the hell are you?"

The man frowned for a moment as he stared at her. "You're the disturbance?"

Katie raised her eyebrow yet again waiting for the man to elaborate.

The man grinned now and clapped his hands together. He turned him back to her as he picked up his tea. "Tea?" He picked up a second mug that Katie hadn't paid attention to and handed it to her.

She took it wearily.

"3 sugars, just how you like it. Assuming you're that similar."

Katie looked down at the tea and then back up at the man. "To who?"

The man smirked. "My mum. Queen of Time, ruler of Gallifrey, Destroyer of Daleks. The names go on an on really, a lot to live up to... I must not be born yet!" He paused. "Or I won't be born." He shook his head. "That'd be a tragedy. The things you and Dad would miss out on! Although, I do steal the family Tardis. Dad wasn't too thrilled but you found it comical."

Katie didn't even raise the tea to her lips. She just stared up at the man before her in shock.

"You're my son?"

"Yeah?"

"You're the Prince?"

"Yup. What? Not good looking enough? Disappointed? I know grandmother was."

"No. No.... it's just...."

The Prince nodded sitting down and gesturing for Katie to do the same at the table opposite him. "I know. Parallel universe. Bit shocking for everyone involved. I was trying to get my actual mum to come out here and help me investigate when I got the notification on my vortex manipulator." He pulled up the sleeve of his suit to show the device. Katie frowned at it. "Yeah, yeah. I know. Not as good as a Tardis but Dad has had them all locked up for centuries now. Keeps telling me I've got responsibilities and I don't have time to meddle on Earth."

The Prince finally locked eyes with Katie and noticed the tears in the corner of her eyes.

"Oh stars. Don't tell me I'm dead in your universe."

"What?! No! Well, non-existence. But it's just – Gallifrey- my Gallifrey... It's gone. I never became Queen."

"Gone. What do you mean gone?"