The King's Gifts

"Nurse, can't you disintegrate them all?" The Doctor asked as the four continued to walk down the cooling tunnels, lights fixated on the Cybermen around them watching for movement.

The blonde blushed. "Uh, no. Sorry. I may have only learned how to change clothes. That's all Father gave me."

The Doctor and Katie shared a glance. Katie spoke. "Gave you?"

It was the blonde's turn to look confused. "Yes?"

Katie frowned. "In our world, you and your siblings wouldn't have access to the vortex like that at all."

"How do you have it then?"

"Only the Kings and Queens had it and even then few of those married into power gained it," The Doctor replied.

"Do you have it?"

"No."

The Nurse frowned. "Both my parents were gifted."

"It's not a gift," Katie spat brown eyes glaring at the Nurse who jumped at Katie's sudden anger. "I'd throw myself off a bloody building to get rid of it if I could. To see those moments and to be able to do nothing, I - Doctor, did that one just move?"

The Doctor squeezed her hand. "It's just the torchlight. Keep going, come on."

He was wrong.

A cyberman moved beside them.

"They're waking up. Run!"

They run along the row of Cybermen that fall in behind them and start clomping along. They get to a ladder at the end of the tunnel.

"Get up! Quick! They're coming! Open it! Open it!"

The Nurse was the first up the ladder and the one to open the trapdoor. She struggled to push up on the heavy metal.

"Get up! Quick! Quick!"

"Come on! Come on!"

"Delete!"

The Cybermen shot towards the group and Mrs. Moore screamed before hitting the ground, lifeless.

"No!"

Katie swore and raced up the ladder after the Nurse with the Doctor close behind her. Once he was up, Katie seals the trapdoor with her sonic screwdriver. She locks eyes with the Doctor. "When does it stop?"

"Even after the war," The Nurse whispered her eyes locked on the trapdoor below them, "I'll never get used to that."

**

Inside the Zepplin, the boys were knocking the guard unconscious as they moved... Well, the Prince was at least. He's eyes flashed gold and the guards would drop like flies chests still rising and falling as they slept peacefully.

"Nice one. Nobody's home. Find the transmitter controls," Jake grinned as they made it to the main control room.

"What do they look like?" Mickey asked.

"Maybe they Transmitter Controls written in big red letters. That'd be convenient!" The Prince laughed as he moved to panels towards the front of the room.

"Just look!"

Jake looks towards the alcove eyes widening as he spots a Cybermen.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," He spits out as he backs away and reaches for his pistol. "Cyberman!"

"Wait, why isn't it moving?" The Prince asked as he walked over the machine. Tentatively he reached out and poked its chest before scurrying backwards. He paused. "It's dead."