Chapter 8

"Princess, look at me and relax, am not going to let you go ok?", Lewis said calmly as he helped Zoe peddle her legs. After an hour of playing in the water she was now more relaxed but that changed when he suggested letting her sit in the water. Zack didn't care and even though he didn't know how to swim, he was a fast learner and the fact that the depth was specifically for kids, made things easier, he didn't need much attention but Zoe was another case. "Lewis am scared", "Don't be baby am right her ok?", he replied looking at her straight in the eyes. He placed his hand under her belly to help her float, she relaxed even more and started floating, "You're doing it, princess, am so proud of you", he cheered for her. "Mama! Mama! am swimming, look am swimming", she shouted at her mother who came running to take a picture of her and Lewis. "Omg! my baby is swimming!", Zeb shouted with excitement, making people look their way with smiles. Zack got close to them to photo boom their picture as Zeb continued to take pictures of them making crazy faces.

"Babe, can you send me the photos from the pool? I want to post them", He told her casually even though he knew there was a lot she wanted to ask, it was written all over her face. It was not the first time he posted  Zack and Zoe on his page and most of his friends were asking him whose kids they were. He didn't reply to them, he wanted to have 'the talk' with Zeb before making any declaration but that did not mean he was not allowed to post them. His phone vibrated and when he opened the message he saw their pictures, they made him speechless, he could see himself being carefree with them and that made him happy. Brian did ask him to consider keeping his distance from the twins should things not work out with Zeb, it gave him doubts but it was the risk he was willing to take, He even reached out to his Mother who was not helpful, the only answer she gave him was 'if it feels right then it's meant to be'. "Mama look at me swimming", Zoe said while pointing to his screen, he waited patiently to see the look on Zeb's face after seeing the picture on his screen saver, her eyes grew wide and adjusted quickly, "that's so beautiful baby", "Thank you, Mama". He applied lotions on the kids and called the waiter to place their order, two large pizzas, one with chicken and pineapple and another with pepperoni along with juice for the kids and red wine for him and Zeb. "Mum I want to pee", Zack said while jumping on his toes, making him laugh and Zeb look embarrassed. He stood up and led him to the men's room when they returned Zeb was on the phone, he could see that she was in an argument with someone and when she saw them, she hang up quickly and returned to the table. He called one of the waiters and asked him to take the kids for a walk on the beach for ten minutes giving her some money. "Zack, Aunty Trinity wants to show you the beach, go help Zoe collect shells ok?", "Cool!" Zack replied while following Zoe and the waitress. He sat down next to a nervous Zeb. "Want to tell me what that is was all about?", "N-no?", she replied with what seemed like a question as if she wasn't sure. He took a deep breath and kissed her sweet lips, it was meant to be a peck but he knew the only way to get her to open up was by pushing her buttons just a little bit so he pushed his tongue into her mouth and started massaging it on hers earning a moan, he stopped and looked in her eyes. "Now that we have got that out of the way, let me ask again, who were you arguing with?", "Mel. It was Mel and she was just saying mean things about you and I told her to leave us alone that's all", "Babe, I don't know what her problem is or why you are friends with her and I won't interfere in your friendship, I just want you to know that I prefer not having her around us if that is ok with you", he asked, knowing that it was a tough thing to ask for but, he wanted to make his stand. She interlocked her fingers with his and looked him straight in the eyes. "This. What we have feels right Lewis, I just have one request and I won't object to anything you ask of me. Am leaving all my past beliefs in love, and all my doubts and am asking you to not break my heart. I have been hurt too many times and I don't think I can survive another heartbreak, please... I am begging you", she spoke with so much sadness that made him feel guilty for wanting to treat her as a 'safe way out', an escape from his crazy bachelor life, she was a treasure waiting to be uncovered, wanting nothing more than to be cared for, something that he was going to do with passion. "I will never hurt you on purpose Zeb, you are it for me, babe, you are it", he declared and kissed her with all the power he had, the moment she kissed him back, he was on cloud nine, the feeling was so good that he couldn't think of anything else until they were interrupted by Zack's shocking question. "Lewis, why are you eating Mum's face?", making him laugh and pull away. "Well buddy she just accepted to be my girlfriend, so I was thanking her", he replied casually. He was sure that Zeb had never done such a thing in front of her kids but, he planned to change that, she did say if he promised not to break her heart, he would have anything he wanted from her. He smiled at the thought of the list of things he was about to request from her, she had no idea what she got herself into.

"Here you go", the waiter placed their food on the table, before leaving, Lewis requested him to take a photo of them. He posted it then helped the kids with their plates and juice while Zeb took a sip of her wine with a smile on her face. He knew he was the reason for her happiness and he was intending to keep it that way. "Buddy, you need to eat slowly, we don't want you choking on us", he told Zack who was eating like a caveman. "Am sorry it's just been a while since I took them out for something like this", "Why so?", "I don't know, I guess I have just been occupied for a while", she said while looking down and playing with her fingers. He reached out for her hand and locked his eyes with hers, "Hey, it's understandable, you were alone and you had to provide for them both but am here now, no overtime or overbooking to get more money ok?", "But-", "You have to let me take care of my family, Zeb if there is going to be a 'but' every time I want to do something for you guys tell me now", he told her seriously, it was a make it or break it time and he was not intending to lose. "Am sorry, am just not used to having someone boss me around", she teased, he knew she was trying to cheer him up and honestly he needed it. "You think am bossy babe?", he whispered using the voice he knew will do things to her causing a playful shock to appear on her face.