prologue

yohoo ~

my name is lucifyr, so please refer to me as such. this idea shot me in the bathroom once and the wound never healed. so here i am, writing. in truth, it has been ancient years since i've written anything so... i tried my best

i took many creative liberties with this, it's mostly of my bad memory and the fact i haven't finished the novel yet. i used the wiki which is probably not a smart move since it hasn't been updated yet, so i also went to other social medias for some parts

i also took inspiration from other fanfictions, so theres maybe some parts you recognized - some parts you don't.

anyways, take it easy on me :]

[3/9/24' now with better pacing and less stiff dialogue! hopefully. although old chapter comments are without context because they were removed when you rewrite BOOOO]

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

It all happened so fast.

The last thing Cale remembered before darkness overcame his senses was him.

He remembered being at Puzzle City. The same city he heard about, where the streets used to always be lively — day and night. But when he had arrived at the battlefield, he saw the city plunged into a dark crimson red, the disgustingly strong stench of blood staining the area.

There, Cale, who was underneath corpses, saw that deformed radish grabbing Choi Han by the arm and said slowly, 'Time is warped oddly for you.'

Cale knew from that instant what he was talking about. 'My mother's power!' He couldn't even lament the fact before the jackass shoot fire straight at the pile of corpses.

"That bastard!" Cale scowled, eyebrows twitching, 'What was his name again — White Shit?' He smirked in amusement, 'That sounds about right.'

"He...oo~?" There's a muffled voice, Cale realizes. Though he could just barely make out what the voice had said, he had to strain his ears to even hear the faint whisper.

He wonders if he should be scared, but war has worn him down, numb and desensitized to that around him. So numb in fact, he couldn't even feel anything around him or even himself. The constant pain of his open wounds had started to grow familiar, infecting his delicate skin with aching bruises, and had completely disappeared.

It wasn't an unwelcome change, he decided.

"Helloooo~!." The voice drawled on, he had the sense to make it shut up.

The voice is much clearer now, and while it is still quiet, he can understand what it is saying. He wanted to ask who the voice could be, but it appeared to have beaten him before he could even think about what to say.

"Go on, open your eyes." It said— no, it commanded.

For him, it is very unfamiliar and uncomfortable to hear something like that. Cale, a noble, the first son of the Count — even if he was trash, no one was brave enough to demand something of him.

Despite his discomfort, Cale obeyed and slowly opened his eyes. He had expected to see a dull dark sky, but in contradiction to his belief, he was instead met with a blinding light. The red-haired man groaned, feeling a sudden sharp pain in his eyes, and found himself shutting them once more.

Cale, upon noticing the voice had grown silent, heaved a heavy sigh.

"Ah... I didn't realize." For a moment, the suffocating feeling surrounding Cale slowly dwindled before eventually he felt his numb body lifting.