ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

❀❀❀❀❀❀
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

Many of the dancers hadn't a clue at what was going on behind the scenes of The Next Step, to say they were clueless would have been an understatement.

It turns out Kate had been offered a judging position on a reality show and had decided to take the job, however that meant she wouldn't be studio head of The Next Step no more, leaving one question; who would be the studio head?

And that studio head was on their way to tell the dancers about what was going on finally, it may come as a shock to them but it was time for yet another change

"Sorry, can I get your attention, I have an announcement to make." Riley gulped nervously as everyone turned to look at her. "Uh, so, Miss Kate has decided to take a judging job on a reality show, so, she asked me to take over as studio head."

Bethany was kind of shocked at the fact it was so early into the season and Kate had already left,but, she didn't know her as well as some of the others so she wasn't too heartbroken over it.

She loved Riley and was glad that she would be the one that was taking them to Regionals, she felt they were on the right path already.

Everyone started to cheer for Riley and her overbearing nerves thankfully ceased, she knew she had no reason to be nervous.

"So, does that mean we have to call you, Miss. Riley from now on?" Richelle asked once the applauded died down.

"No, no, call me Miss. Kate." Riley gave them a serious look to which they all grew confused at. "I'm kidding, just call me Riley, just Riley."

"Doesn't that mean there's a spot on A-troupe?" Michelle asked as though she already knew.

"Yes, it does." Riley grinned. "And, uh, and I decided to give that spot to.."

Bethany looked behind Riley as she gestured to the girl that was walking through the doors of the studio.

She recognised her from the open house, she had been introduced to her when she was trying to make friends, she seemed nice enough but she didn't know her very well.

"Amanda." Riley announced.

Bethany started to clap with a large smile but soon slowed down when she noticed that everyone was clapping with great hesitation.

"Hi, guys." Amanda greeted.

Bethany could feel the tension in the air as Amanda looked around at each of the dancers, something was definitely going on.

"But she didn't even audition?" Skylar spoke up.

"No, but as studio head, I made the decision on my own because that's what I do." Riley nodded.

To diffuse the growing tension in the room, Noah decided to give the girl a hug and welcome her back to the team.

"So good to see you, welcome back!" Noah exclaimed.

Bethany smiled as she watched Amanda and Noah hug. She had a feeling he would do that, during the short time of knowing him she knew that he was a person that cared for others and she admired that.

"Okay, let's just warm up and get ready for rehearsal." Riley told the group before walking backwards into the office.

Bethany approached Noah with a nervous smile on her face. "Hey."

"Oh, hey, Beth. How you been? I haven't really seen you round much." Noah started to stretch his arms.

"Nothing much, I've just been hanging with Piper, Cassie, Amy and Sloane the past few days." Bethany nodded. "How about you?"