Lord Fugaku

"No."

What the hell? I just entered the house!

Lord Fugaku don't play. DAMN.

"Whose idea was this? We have enough mouths to feed." the man states as he stares holes into my innocent soul. The corner of his lip twitches at first glance of my eyes, but other than that, nothing.

Lady Mikoto enters further into the house and heads into the kitchen, presumably to start lunch while Itachi and Sasuke finish taking off their shoes at the door. I stay by the door entrance where the shoes are, not daring to move.

One good look at him and I can tell where Itachi gets his looks from. Although the bangs Itachi has must be all his own. Perhaps the signature side-swept bangs I see on Sasuke are actually from the father, and Lady Mikoto just happens to have them as well. The widow's peak is definitely from Lady Mikoto though. Lord Fugaku's aura is every bit as intimidating as I imagined, and his chakra is also quite massive compared to those I've sensed in the village so far. He appears to be in his mid to late 30s like Lady Mikoto, and instead of the typical Uchiha attire I've seen on everyone so far, he has on a robe of sorts. Probably because he's in his own house, sitting at the table drinking tea. He eyes his two sons with suspicion, wondering which thought to bring home a dog, knowing damn well they don't do dogs.

"Father, --" Sasuke starts.

"It was my idea, Anata." Lady Mikoto answers. "She'll be staying with us awhile. Sasuke named her 'Moriko'. He said he wanted her name to sound like mine since I saved her. Isn't that a lovely name?" she smiles as she comes to the table and serves him more tea. He grunts in response as he sips his tea. Itachi slips by and into one of the rooms, presumably to avoid this whole conversation.

Lucky.

Sasuke tries to follow suit, but Lord Fugaku gives him a look and Sasuke in turn comes to sit at the table with him.

"Why is she here and not with the Inuzuka Clan? Could they not take her?" he asks as he goes over some paperwork at the table.

" I was told that she's a one-of-a-kind wolf pup that they've never dealt with before. That the glowing purple eyes are a dead giveaway to her breed that they've only heard of in books; thought to be extinct. Lady Tsume saw how the poor pup clung to me and believed that she has imprinted on me in the loss of her mother. Taking her away from me could damage her growth. I offered to give her to Sasuke, so she could grow and train with another near her developmental age, while still staying close to me. Once she's matured, she'll be released back into the wild."

She talks calmly and sweetly while rinsing out vegetables in the sink. Lord Fugaku listens intensely, nodding and grunting at certain parts.

"They'll owe us a favor for doing this." he says after a pause.

"Perhaps. You know I considered that as an added bonus, but it wasn't my main intention."

"Hn." He takes another sip of his tea and looks up from his paperwork to stare at me.

"She's wild, yes? Why does she seem so. . . tame? She sits there as if she knows animals aren't allowed in the house."

"That's because she's very. . . intuitive. I assure you, she's wild as can be at times." Lady Mikoto begins to boil some water and pulls out some meat from the market bag she was carrying earlier. She begins to rinse that off in the sink as well.

" She's really smart, Father. She hasn't been trained at all, but she followed me all the way here. She didn't run to the Dog Boy when he called her to him either."

"Sasuke! You know Kiba's name, don't be so rude." Lady Mikoto chastises, and Lord Fugaku chuckles lightly.

Whoa! He laughed! Kinda. Is he letting up then?