Heat

By the time I am roughly pushed up against the doorframe, I've already lost my train of thought. I lost it long ago, maybe even before our morning sparring session or before breakfast.

No, it was definitely earlier than that. It started after our first three days at the Northern ruins, right when we had all finally settled in, did our share of exploring the place, and each found a semi-stable abandoned home to lay our heads.

That's when it started. The late-night visits.

We would just chat at first, about things from the past, or new jutsus each of us learned, or how we were going to take down Danzo once we left Shikkotsu. Sometimes we'd even sit and play card games as we talked. After a few game nights, the conversation shifted to our relationship status and what that meant for us going forward.

There was talk of practicing doing more than just 'handholding and forehead taps', but nothing further than occasional make-out sessions. Our boundaries were set.

The feather-light kisses and hushed laughter we'd both look forward to each night whenever we visited each other's place. . .. it was and still is magical.

However, after a few of our nightly visits, we simply couldn't keep our hands off of each other.

Or rather, that's inaccurate.

It's not so much of a "we."

She can't seem to keep her hands off me.

Okay, so it's not like I have trouble saying no to her. That's never been an issue, me telling her no. BUT if we're always making out. . .. well, then that kinda makes it hard to say anything.

I was never much of a talker anyway, why start now? Later? Definitely. But we might as well enjoy this new version of comfortable silence we have.

I mean, we still talk. About a lot of things. We have a lot to catch each other up on since it's been years since we've interacted.

Okay, so MAYBE she's doing most of the talking and I'm dodging questions because I don't want to talk about my time with Orochimaru. There's nothing worth mentioning, and chances are she already knows everything I'm going to say---- psychic and all.

But I like hearing her talk about what she's been up to.

She opened several businesses in the Hidden Sand. One for each hobby she had when we were growing up together: a restaurant so she can continue to cook all the recipes in her visions and "experiment" with new ones, a clothing store so she can keep creating different styled clothes, and an apothecary that carries various herbs and plants that she collects from her hunts.

I learned she can enter the spirit world now as part of her psychic abilities and talk to the dead, so long as they are willing to talk to her. That's apparently how Shisui helped her with the Kotoamatsukami, even though she said he was completely blind when he taught her.

I guess since his eyes are still being used and haven't "died" with him, he is still blind to some extent there. Strange. But once we take care of Danzo, that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Also, she can now create and manipulate lightning without hand signs. She's done so much in three years, while all I did was move around the country every few weeks and train until I dropped.

Meanwhile, Moriko shook off her guards more than once to come to Shikkotsu and meet her grandfather. She sent out clones to roam the countryside, to search for and keep track of Naruto and Jiraiya. That's how they kept in touch: wolf mail she calls it.

She admitted she did look for me once when on the road, but hit a dead end which sparked her anger, so her clones never bothered to do so after that first failure.